We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International Drive vs. Kissimmee

New York
2 posts
Save Topic
International Drive vs. Kissimmee

I just posted a question for my aunt concerning Quality Inn Plaza and Quality Inn International but now I have some questions myself.

This website has me very confused. I've read so many things about the cheaper end of I-Drive being tacky and Kissimmee is tacky. I was considering Kissimmee because a lot of the hotels have the free shuttles to Disney. Some hotels on I-Drive have a free shuttle to Disney, but most of them are the more expensive ones. Are there any areas in Kissimmee that I can find a hotel for about $60 a night that are not considered that tacky.

I was reading some comments on this site that Lake Buena Vista is better than Kissimmee, but is it convenient to restaurants and stores if you don't drive? Are there any hotels in Lake Buena Vista that run for about $60 a night that are pretty good?

I am planning a trip for my family next July, 2 adults and 2 kids. Nobody in my family drives and I was on I-Drive a few years ago so I don't plan on going back to Universal & Wet N Wild. Maybe I will go back to SeaWorld because I really like it, but I would like to be able to spend most of my time in Disney. I would like to go to Disney for at least 5 to 7 days, but I can't afford the prices of the onsite hotels.

I have plenty of time to decide since I am not going until next year, but I would like to start planning. Is it true that if you book ahead of time some hotels give you a cheaper rate?

Any info is appreciated.

Magic Kingdom Park
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Renfrewshire...
Level Contributor
110 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: International Drive vs. Kissimmee

Been to Lake Buena Vista twice [1999/2000], an d my friends stayed there last year - Comfort Inn.

15/20 minute walk - [5 by taxi], to Downtown Disney.

20 minutes by car to Disney & Sea World.

Crossroads area has TGI's - Pebbles - Cafe Uno - Red Lobster - Olive Garden - Chevy's - Perkins. Bahama Breeze - Macaroni Grill - Tony Romas - Outback Steak House and Dixie Stampede are a couple of minutes drive away - as are the Orlamdo Premium Outlets for shopping.

LBV is a great location - just off I4 - and I know the Comfort Inn and other hotels have the free Disney shuttles for those without cars.

We now have an apartment in Vistana which is also a 2 minute drive from the Crossroads area and we always eat here when we are not in the parks.

My favourite area - and there are hotels to suit all budgets.

Homer

London, England
Level Contributor
285 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: International Drive vs. Kissimmee

Never stayed in LBV, but looks better than most of the parts ok Kissimmee that I have stayed in.

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
977 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: International Drive vs. Kissimmee

http://www.orlando-family-fun-hotel.com

5678 Irlo Bronson Hwy

Kissimmee, Fl 34746

Phone: 407-396-4488

Toll Free: 1-800-366-5437

2 Bed Rooms-Current rates approx $69

3 miles from Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom, MGM Studios, Epcot Center and Animal Kingdom. One of the official Walt Disney World Good Neighbor® Hotels

FREE Scheduled shuttle to the 4 Walt Disney theme parks

FREE Breakfast and dinner for children 12 and under with “Kids Eat Free” program

614 rooms including KidSuites, Deluxe Guest Rooms and Two Room Suites

All rooms feature mini-refrigerator, microwave oven, coffee/tea maker, iron/ironing board and hair dryers at no extra charge.

Within walking distance to Old Town Shopping, Dining and Full service family restaurant offering a la carte menus for breakfast and dinner

Food Court /General Store with snacks and sundries

Windsor UK
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: International Drive vs. Kissimmee

For me LBV is the best area followed by Kissimmee and then I-Drive but as you don't have a car i think i-Drive would be the best option for you,as shops and places to eat are closer to each other and you can also take advantage of the I-trolley.But unfortunatly I-drive is the furthest of the 3 areas.So no easy answer.