We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Busch Gardens

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
414 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Busch Gardens

We are thinking of going to Busch Gardens for Christmas Day. How far of a drive is it from Orlando and is it usually less busy than Disney?

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Busch Gardens

Depending on whre yhou are leaving from in Orlando, the time of day and the day of the week (traffic conditions) , you are looking at a roughly 1-2 hour drive to Busch gardens in Tampa.

It can be busier than some of the WDW parks at times - other times not - it depends and you didn't say when you are goingor the time of year.

Canada
Level Contributor
414 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Busch Gardens

Were planning on driving there Christmas morning for the day. Staying in Kississmee.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Busch Gardens

Christmas Day?!?!? Hope you enjoy crowds!

Palm Harbor , FL
Level Contributor
589 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Busch Gardens

Also something you might want to consder is that Busch is really for older kids...teens in groups are everywhere..rides are scarier and bigger and it is just overall funkier in my opinion...I really do not think it is worth the drive from Orlando...Christmas day is not a good day at any of the parks but at least if you go to a disney park and it is too crowded you can go back to the hotel and not have to drive 2 hours disappointed. DKEL

Palm Harbor , FL
Level Contributor
589 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Busch Gardens

Also something you might want to consder is that Busch is really for older kids...teens in groups are everywhere..rides are scarier and bigger and it is just overall funkier in my opinion...I really do not think it is worth the drive from Orlando...Christmas day is not a good day at any of the parks but at least if you go to a disney park and it is too crowded you can go back to the hotel and not have to drive 2 hours disappointed. DKEL

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
977 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Busch Gardens

Christmas Day in the 'Busch'?-Not a good idea!