We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a nice place to stay close to Universal

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need a nice place to stay close to Universal

I am planning a trip to Universal next summer with my 8 year old daughter. I am looking for ideas for a good, reasonable priced hotel that is close to Universal Studios, not one of their properties. Thanks!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Need a nice place to stay close to Universal

i'd love to be able to stay onsite at one of their hotels, but it seems like they are really expensive. i read about the front of the line benefit, and it seems great, just don't know if we can swing it to stay there. any suggestions for getting a good rate at their hotels?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Need a nice place to stay close to Universal

i'd love to stay at one of their hotels, they just seem really expensive, more than i was planning for the trip. i read about the front of the line benefits, and they seem great, any suggestions for getting a good rate at their hotels? (planning on staying for six-seven nights, so it really adds up at their hotels.)

United Kingdom
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Need a nice place to stay close to Universal

There are plenty to choose from on Internetional Drive that are not too far from Universal but it is worth staying for 1 or 2 nights at one of there proerties as you can get straight on the rides as one of their guests!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Need a nice place to stay close to Universal

I have now been considering that, maybe for the first couple of nights so we can get on the rides we really want to. Does anyone know if they still have the option to buy front of the line passes, I read about them on the internet somewhere but not sure how to go about getting them or how much they are??? Thanks!

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
108 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Need a nice place to stay close to Universal

Totally agree with the Reverend, stay at the Crowne Plaza Universal, just take a look at the excellent reviews on trip advisor. Excellent stay, i posted a review the other day, what more can i say. Cheshire, UK

UK
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Need a nice place to stay close to Universal

Interesting tip that if stay on site at Orlando, benefit from Fast Pass.

Just wondered if same applies to WDW?

Don't really fancy the whole Disney character thing (child bit too old now) but could be useful for rides.