We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International Drive Restaurants

London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
International Drive Restaurants

Hello All

I have been to florida twice and going a third time in november, been to tony roma's and it was great,

but is there anywhere that iam missing, iam looking for somewhere nice to go to, went to tgi's last time it was ok, generally go to ponderosa for breakfast.

anyone with any recommendations, i don't like fish, but wonder what is the best steakhouse that isnt the most expensive.

any help will be appreciated.

Bonnie Scotland
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: International Drive Restaurants

Hello Lumpar ;-)

Try here, you won't go far wrong with this list:

internationaldriveorlando.com/thingsToDo/…

Cheers ;-) Wullie

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
9,986 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: International Drive Restaurants

Loads of places worth a visit depending on your taste and budget. Examples:

Down near Premium Outlets there is Outback which is an Australian-themed restaurant; broadly same price category as Fridays. Steaks are far better.

Olive Garden is Italian Themed. Stupendously good value, with unlimited salad and bread to go with your entree.

Far better ribs than Tony Roma's can be had at Red Rock Canyon Grille at Pointe Orlando.

For a real steak experience (at a cost) try Charleys on I-Drive, or a mile away at Doctor Phillips is Ruth's Chris and Mortons. All of these do extremely nice steaks (but, as I say, are in a different price bracket to TGIF/Tony Romas).

Chilis is another chain in the same range as Fridays.

UNO is a Chcago-themed restaurant, again in the same $ category, and their pizza pies (note, not pizzas) are to die for (or from, if your cholesterol levels are already high).

Plus there are the lower-end diners like Denny's, Friendlys, and the all-you-can-eat (junk, IMO) places like Ponderosa and Sizzler.

The list goes on and on......

merseyside
Level Contributor
147 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: International Drive Restaurants

Dont know about steakhouses but bahama breeze is a brill place to go for food and cocktails

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
531 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: International Drive Restaurants

Friendly's do good breakfasts! I liked it there far better than Ponderosa.

Olive Garden was tasty.

I didn't think much of Denny's, though.

I think there's a few restaurants at Pointe Orlando, though.

essex
Level Contributor
787 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: International Drive Restaurants

We had our best steak meals at Black Angus. We went to 3 different ones and the steaks were always perfect.

We preferred Sizzlers for buffet breakfast and Denny's for sit down.

I don't know if you are travelling with kids, but we did Chucky Cheeses on a rainy afternoon. It has a terrible reputation in the USA, but we found the food to be fine and it is full of cheap amusements which kept the kids entertained for hours!

Ireland
Level Contributor
298 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: International Drive Restaurants

I second friendlys-good food and service and not suprisingly friendly staff !

Cornwall
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: International Drive Restaurants

Hi

We would recommend Chilis we went there on a number of times in 2006 and 2008 and never had a bad meal and the service was good as well.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
559 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: International Drive Restaurants

I'll second bahama breeze. We were seated immediately but did have to wait an hour for our food, not quite sure why, but it was worth the wait. Everything was delicious. The atmosphere was lovely. Its definately on our list to visit again!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: International Drive Restaurants

I'll third Bahamma Breeze - food was good, but it was the atmosphere that was really good too, nice outside area to sit to have a pre-dinner drink, and then we where shown to our table when it was ready.

We went there twice during our holiday, dont normally go back to the same restaurant twice (as there are so many to choose from).

Magiannos (sp?) is also very nice, italian restaurant, just beware of the portion sizes, go for the lighter portion, unless you have an absolutely massive appetite. My OH ordered the full size portion, and struggled to make a dent in it. The waiter said he'd only ever seen 2 people finish the dish! It was huge! Reasonably priced too.

North Shields...
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: International Drive Restaurants

Try Bogards, next to Unos - it's a bit more pricey but the portions are huge and the food is a bit different from others on I-drive.