We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wilderness Lodge for Christmas advice

Benton, Missouri
3 posts
Save Topic
Wilderness Lodge for Christmas advice

Going to spend Christmas at the Wilderness Lodge Dec 23-28. Should I worry about it being very crowded? Will the pools be heated enough for the kids to swim in? I guess for some reason I thought it would be less crowded at Christmas with most people doing the home and family thing. Any advice on room upgrades or dinner reservations, anything to make my stay less hectic and more enjoyable. thanks in advance.

machine

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wilderness Lodge for Christmas advice

Sorry to disappoint you but Christmas is the busiest time of year. Beautiful but very, very busy!!! We have gone to Disney many times during Christmas because it is so festive but you have to expect alot of people! You must have reservations for all Disney table service restaurants during this time. The Wilderness Lodge is a beautiful resort, you'll love it. Any other questions just ask!

Atchison,KS
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wilderness Lodge for Christmas advice

Make sure you take advantage of the fact you are staying on the Disney Property. Disney allows guests staying on property to have early entrance into a different park each day. They post the days for the early entrance on their website. A hopper pass is a must, after you have been to the park with early entrance you may which to hop to a less busy park. Also take advantage of the fastpass in the parks.

When we were there recently, if you take the boat to the Magic Kingdom, different characters were available to take pictures with which was great. The easiest time getting the pictures the entire trip.

If you are planning a character breakfast, lunch or dinner, they are expensive, however, Chef Mickeys was all you could eat breakfast and again the characters were very accesible.