We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants at Disney

Atlanta
Level Contributor
12 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants at Disney

I will be traveling to DisneyWorld in early September for a 5 day business conference. There are 4 in my group and we are staying at the Boardwalk. We have been advised to make advance dinner reservations. We will be busy during the day and do not plan to go to any of the attractions. I see that Boardwalk has several restaurants but I don't know how much trouble it is to get to other locations like Epcot. I'd appreciate any suggestions for dinner. Thanks.

Ormond Beach...
Level Contributor
98 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants at Disney

If you are staying at the Boardwalk you are at an Epcot resort. You can walk or take the water taxi to Epcot. As a conference participant you can get an after 2pm or after 4pm ticket to Epcot. When you enter from walking or the water taxi you will be in the World Showcase. Just decide what "country" you would like to eat at that evening. Most of the countries have a sit down choice and a quick in and out choice. You can spend as much, or as little as you want. The steakhouse in Canada is FANTASTIC. You also can't go wrong with any choice in "France" although you can break the bank upstairs at the Bistro. Just get on the Disneyworld web site and search EPCOT. You will need reservations (priority seating acutally) for some places. You can book it now, calling 407-wdw-dine.

I have not eaten at the Boardwalk, except for a hotdog........can't help you first hand. There are several sit down places right there though. If I am not mistaken, the Shula Steakhouse is at the Dolphin and Swan, also very, very close to walk. You can also figure out Disndy transportation and try Ohana at the Polynesian or be a kid again and try Chef Mickey at the Contemporary. We also LOVE House of Blues and Bongos at Downtown Disney, just a short Disney Bus ride away.

Harleysville...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants at Disney

Meg,

Go to www.allears.net for listings of the restaurants at Boardwalk, Beach Club, Yacht Club (all easy walking distance from each other) and their menus. Also, if you plan on eating in Epcot you must have a ticket to enter. I believe the previous poster mentioned that you can obtain a "later" entry ticket - not sure how to get that, though. You will definately need advanced dining reservations, as you will be there during Disney's free dining plan promotion and alot of the "good" meal times may already be filled. i would call first thing Monday morning and talk to the cast meember. They will be able to give you some guidance on restaurants, etc.. There is also a good restaurant,the Cape May Cafe, over at the Beach Club which is an easy walk from the Boardwalk.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants at Disney

As others have said, you can easily walk to any of the restaurants at the Boardwalk, Yacht/Beach Club, or Swan and Dolphin (about a 5 minute scenic walk along the lake). I would recommend the Flying Fish at the Boardwalk and Bluezoo at the Dolphin. Spoodles is pretty good but more casual (and cheaper) but can get very loud and full of families. There's a new Italian at the Swan, Il Mulino, but I have not yet tried that, so can't comment on it. If you have a ticket to get into Epcot, I would recommend the Bistro de Paris or the Chefs de France (Bistro is more gourmet, elegant and expensive, while Chefs is more traditional French, but can be loud.)

You may have trouble getting into the Flying Fish or Chefs at this late date, but you can probably still get a reservation at the others.

With 4 people, a taxi is a quick and relatively inexpensive (approx. $15 each way per cab) way to get to other great restaurants at Disney, and would give you a chance to see some of the other resorts. I would recommend Boma or Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, or Citricos at the Grand Floridian - these are not only good, they would give your group a chance to experience some of Disney without going into the parks - there's really a lot to see and explore. (I always recommend the California Grill, but it's probabaly too late to get in there.)

Make sure to watch the Epcot fireworks some nights - you can see them best from the bridges over the lake, or from the edge of the Boardwalk closest to the Dance hall. (You don't see everything, but it's still nice.) If you go to any of the Magic Kingdom resorts - like the Grand Floridian - you can watch the MK fireworks, too, without going into the parks. Just check at your hotel on times and where to best watch them.

London
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants at Disney

WDWDolphin Fan.

is their a dresscode for Bluezoo ? (ie would we be able to head over their after a theme park or is it more trousers/shirt for men and dresses for women)

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
592 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants at Disney

Just a recommendation for Raglan Road in Downtown Disney...good food & good drinks.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurants at Disney

I'm not sure whether Bluezoo has a dress code, but I suspect they do. Whether you would be comfortable going in park attire depends on what you are wearing - I think shorts would be out of place, but I've been there in casual slacks and a polo shirt (I'm female).

7. Re: restaurants at Disney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:30 am, October 09, 2009