We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Credit crunch hits Virgin?

England
Level Contributor
159 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Credit crunch hits Virgin?

Booked with Virgin for next year, and got notice today from them that they are pulling some flights from next year's schedule.

Our 15.30 flight from Gatwick and 20.30 flight back have been cancelled and we are now 13.00 out and 19.25 back on the same days.

Can but hope this means Orlando will be a little quieter........

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
510 Reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
155 Reviews
from $118.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: Icon Orlando...
21 Reviews
from $51.99*
$87.87
Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
784 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Credit crunch hits Virgin?

Hi Macasoma,

When are you travelling with Virgin next year, we are booked to travel with them 16th April for 16 days, and as yet we have not heard anything from them...

longlegs

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Credit crunch hits Virgin?

This generally happens every year - in the quiet months there are not enough bums on seats so a flight is often bumped. This happened to me last September, and even then, the single flight was half empty.

England
Level Contributor
159 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Credit crunch hits Virgin?

Letter from Virgin says flight VS15 which I'm guesing is the 15.30 on any given day 'has been cancelled for certain dates through 2009'.

The knock we have found is that our 'chosen' seats on the flight have been transferred to the new plane, but.....

We were on 2 rows of 2 and are now on 2 rows of three with a 'stranger' in between us in each row...what a hoot that's gonna be...

England
Level Contributor
159 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Credit crunch hits Virgin?

Sorry, 5th April...

essex
Level Contributor
380 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Credit crunch hits Virgin?

can i just ask how you found this out??? we are travelling with virgin on 2 june and are wondering if it will affect us in anyway.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
784 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Credit crunch hits Virgin?

hi Macasoma,

I would certainly give VIrgin a call and ask them to move your seats back if they can, they will be getting a call from me if they do this to us, as there are 12 of us travelling and at the moment we are fairly near each other our our flight..

As yet we have not heard from them about a change in flights...

longlegs

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Credit crunch hits Virgin?

If you are in their frequent flyer club you can choose the seats yourself!

England
Level Contributor
159 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Credit crunch hits Virgin?

To try and answer ..

Letter from Vigin dated 22nd August...

Vegas...Frequent Flyer...U having a laff....By the time we've saved for the next one they probably only run the Virgin Shuttle to Florida..

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Credit crunch hits Virgin?

If you enter your booking confirmation number on the Virgin website you can amend your seats so you can all sit together.

VA should have seated you all together but if there are seats available then there should be no probs. If there aren't 2 seats together for a flight next year I will be amazed.

essex
Level Contributor
380 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Credit crunch hits Virgin?

Olly C32 - oh my god i never knew you could do that! i thought it had to be nearer the time. I have just chosen our seats for 2nd June next year with a great big THANK YOU TO YOU OLLY!