We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soon to be bride looking for Honeymoon destinations!!!

Tulsa, OK.
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Soon to be bride looking for Honeymoon destinations!!!

My fiance and I are planning to marry in May. We have several locations in mind. He wants to go to the seven day land and sea excursion on Walt DisneyWorld. My question is, should we choose WDW, what hotels are good for honeymooners?

Thanx,

Ellie

united kingdom
Level Contributor
748 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soon to be bride looking for Honeymoon destinations!!!

Why dont you do in Las Vagas.

Itys a fabulas adult playground with some wonderfull hotels.

you will find the wedding venue much cheaper as well.

You will also get more for your hotel money

Florida
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Soon to be bride looking for Honeymoon destinations!!!

poacher what is your fixation with Vegas? This is the 2nd couple you have told to go to Vegas. :)

Florida
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Soon to be bride looking for Honeymoon destinations!!!

Many couples choose the Grand Floridian for it's elegance and romantic look, my favourite though is The Polynesian. It is wonderfully romantic with the tiki torch lit beach and perfect view of Cinderella's Castle. Stay in the concierge building to make your stay even more special.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
748 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Soon to be bride looking for Honeymoon destinations!!!

Saffys-mum ; Its a lot more that 2 I have told to go to Vagsa to get married. Its not that I dont like Orland i love it, but i dont see it a marriage destanition. In the main its just getting married in a hotel. In Vagas there are lots of little chapels , sometimes within Hotels but are designned for the pourpose.

There are also lots of un orthordox, way out places to pick from as well.

For my knowlage Orlando marriarge venues tend to be quite pricy. My son and daughter in law got married in the little Chapel of Flowers on the styrip .( It was me who suggested a "Strip Wedding") This cost only half as much as the charges quoted back home for justy the ceromonary part. it also included a framed wedding certificate, photographs and a streached limo from our hotel and back. We had unlimited use of some lovely gardens etc for the purpose of Photoes without any extra charge. What they saved on the church cermomory alone bought their plane ticket to Vagas .

You can also invite all the family and all friends and save the squabbling of who gets invited and who does not, but you have also to tell them they have to buy their own plane tickets

Plus its a fantastic place to go to anyway.

I can undrestand your feelings why i seem to be sending couples elswhere , But the questioner did ask for destainations as well as locations when they got there.

I have even told couples give London a miss in Favor of Vagas. It has of course got an advantyage over many other places.

And that is, if you think you have picked the wrong partner after the first night, you can go a few doors down the street and be rid of them justy as easy.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Soon to be bride looking for Honeymoon destinations!!!

lol poacher very true about the ease of trading in partners. I had simply thought it amusing that at the Orlando Forum you seem to pop in with "Try Vegas" frequently. :) S-M

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
842 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Soon to be bride looking for Honeymoon destinations!!!

It really depends on your personal likes. If you are interested in a WDW honeymoon make sure you visit the Disney Weddings website which offers lots of helpfull Disney information for Honeymooners:

http://www.disneyweddings.com

The most popular Disney wedding and honeymoon resort is the Grand Floridian, its the most luxurious WDW hotel and is well known for its romantic style. Other than Disney, there are MANY MANY wonderfull Orlando honeymoon destinations to choose from, heres a few very nice non-Disney hotels that I recommend for honeymooners:

Ritz Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes Resort

http://www.grandelakes.com

JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes Resort

http://www.grandelakes.com

Westin Grand Bohemian Hotel

http://www.grandbohemianhotel.com

Courtyard at Lake Lucerne (Historic Inn)

http://www.orlandohistoricinn.com

For more info on Orlando checkout:

http://www.orlandoinfo.com

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Soon to be bride looking for Honeymoon destinations!!!

Many (MANY) years ago we chose Disney World for our honeymoon - this was back in the days when Disney had the Big Red Boat rather than their own cruise line. We did it on a budget and had a basic outside stateroom for our 4 night cruise, then stayed at Caribbean Beach resort for 6 nights (we chose to extend the Disney portion for a few days.) We met 2 other honeymoon couples on our cruise - they were staying at Grand Floridian and the Polynesian respectively. We met up with them again once we were at Disney, and got a chance to see their accomodations - I definitely agree with Saffy's Mum on her suggestion for the Polynesian. In fact, I liked the room much better than the Grand Floridian. Very tropical and romantic. If you have just a week, I'd be inclined to skip the cruise portion and stay the whole time at the Polynesian. There were so many kids on the cruise and I don't think you could eat at Palo every night to avoid them. Now if you are really into all things Disney, maybe the cruise would be right for you (in general I've been disappointed by cruises - too many older folks and too many kids - and not enough to do at night.) One more thing - we were perfectly content with Caribbean Beach Resort - Disney service is so spectacular that our stay there was wonderful - but I think the Polynesian would be really nice for you!

8. Re: Soon to be bride looking for Honeymoon destinations!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:31 pm, July 31, 2005
IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Soon to be bride looking for Honeymoon destinations!!!

Divagirl,

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! JW Marriott Grande would be a wonderful choice for a honey moon! Check out all the wonderful reviews on tripadvisor! If you want to stay on a WDW property, the Grand Floridian is really beautiful for all romantic celebrations!

Fayetteville, AR
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Soon to be bride looking for Honeymoon destinations!!!

We did Disney for our Honeymoon and had a fabulous time. We were on a bit of a budget at the time and had to choose a moderate resort. We stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside in the Magnolia Bend Mansions section. It was very peaceful and romantic overlooking the Sassagoula River with the swaying trees. We loved being able to take the water launch from the hotel to Downtown Disney at night. You can rent the little surrey bikes and explore the very large grounds of the resort. It had a really nice, peaceful, cozy, romantic feel. We loved it.