We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vacation homes

Schaumburg, IL
2 posts
Save Topic
vacation homes

We are planning a trip to Disney next year. We a replanning on renting a resort home. Has anyone ever rented one and how would you rate it and what we see on the net, is what we get?

Thanks,

Heather Zaragoza

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
nowhere
Level Contributor
872 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vacation homes

Depends on what sort of rental you're doing. Some agencies rent villas like hotel rooms. that's you get a house with acertain level of ammenities and a certain idstance from Disney in one of their selected communities. I've never done this as I want to know EXACTLY what I'm getting.

A version of this are combo resorts that have houses, condos and lots of on-site activities. Sort of combines a condo resort and residential area. I all fairness, I avoid them, so somelse will have to fill you in on these.

Then there's direct from owner rentals. You can find these on websites like VRBO.com, GreatRentals.com, Villas2000.com, etc. You have a caertain number of pics on the site and perhaps a like to the owners site, if they have one. You contact the owner, ask your questions, see if your dates are open, etc. Read all owner contracts carefully before signing. Renting direct from owners can be less expensive than using an agency, though I've done and found I saved only $100, which really didn't pay for my time. Usually you'll save more. This is a comfort zone thing.

Then lastly is the rantal agency that has groups of houses that they handle bookings on. The top of the line agents are folks like AllStarVacationHomes.com and BlueRibbon.com. To me, these are 'resort homes'. All Star rates their houses 3-5*. I've used them and they're fine. Stick with 4-5* Blue Ribbon is a smaller operation and handles mostly houses in Formosa gardens, a very classy development about 2 miles from Disney off 192, and their houses are mostly 5* and 5*+. I've used them twice and, I think they have some of the very nicest properties in the immediate Disney area. For these two agents, what you see is what you get, with some wear, which is natural.

To find agencies, go to your search engine and type in "villa rental Kissimmee" or is you wish a less expensive group of houses, try "villa rental davenport". All sorts of agencies will pop. Alexander Homes, on the web as FloridaSunshine, has mostly Holiday Inn type homes in mid-range developments. Their Executive level is maybe high 3 to low 4*.

Look for a home that's fairly new or recently refurbished. These places take lots of wear and tear. For me, I look for a big pool and TV. Others, its a kids playground in the community.

I tend to look at things this way, a king room at the Orlando Lakes Marriott would cost around $450/night. The 7 bed/6 bath house with 38' heated pool ran about $50/night more. There are planty of places to golf and do other things. I'd rather have the space and the pricavy.

nowhere
Level Contributor
872 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vacation homes

make that blueribbonvillas.com Blue Ribbon Villas is both in the US (Winter Gardens) and the UK.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,991 posts
411 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vacation homes

I've had good luck with All Star Vacation Homes. They have a great selection of homes in different price classes and a really detailed web site with lots of pictures of the inside and outside of the actual home you are interested in. They have a lot of homes in the highly desirable Formosa Gardens and Windsor Palms subdivisions which are about as close to Disney as you can get for a rental home.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vacation homes

Hi. .We are thinking of All Star Vacation Homes also.. I heard alot of good things about them. We are a large family..and I like everyone having their own space.. after a day in the park I want to come home to a nice "home" and relax.. But everyone is different..

Beautiful Long...
Level Contributor
655 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vacation homes

Word of mouth is your best bet (as from posts in this forum). When surfing on your own...most websites will praise a rundown property....and the pictures will probably be outdated and years old. We rented a townhouse at Windsor Palms thru Villadirect.com. We were pleased with both the agency and property (They have a property grading system from 3 to 5 stars...with a top-end accomodation getting a "diamond" rating.) They have condos/townhouses and villas....within a variety of communities in the Orlando/Kissimmee area. From 1 to 6 bedrooms, baths, pools, etc.

Also....check out Windsor Hills resort. It's brand new...and is offered at Villadirect.com.....and only 2 miles from Disney. I visited the place last month while at Windsor Palms, and it looks fantastic. (It's too new to get review info via Tripadvisor...but there are many posts on it). Have fun looking for a place!!!

London
Level Contributor
257 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vacation homes

Hi

we stayed at a really nice detached house with a pool in Kissemmee. It is maintained by a company called 'Florida Pool Homes'. Its a small company which is run by a middle aged couple.

Our address was 2427 Peace Circle, Allamanda Grace. It had 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and nice big kitchen and living area. Nicely decorated. The pool has a mosquito cover all over it. The best thing about this particular house is that it backs onto a huge lake (not someone elses backyard). We had a great time there!

They don't have a website but here is the phone number, i'm sure they will send you info in the post. 863 420 2228.

We found out about the property by word of mouth and we were given a great rate.

Level Contributor
896 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: vacation homes

I have stayed in rental homes for the past few years and now always go for the same one as it has every thing my family wants -all free phone call inc. international,ps2, games room, free unlmited wifi adsl internet access ,a massive pool area and around 15 mins drive form the parks oin an established community with no building anywhere close.It has 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and having stayed there I can honestly tell you what you see IS what you get with it .If you would like details you can send me an e mail on

m_martin@lycos.co.uk

and I will pass them onto you

England
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: vacation homes

I have rented villas in the past from holiday companies, and I didnt know where I was going, or indeed, what the villa looked like I wouldnt do that again. I have rented the same villa for the last 2 years, and its really wonderful, spacious, not too near to its neighbours, with a great pool and spa. My grandchildren love it!!

Go to the website, there are loads of pictures on it.

www.myfloridarental.com

Have a great time, Sandra

UK
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: vacation homes

I have stayed at the same villa as san5271, and we found it to be very spacious, luxuriously furnished, and well away from its neighbours. The pool and spa made the vacation for my kids - they loved it. The pictures you see on the website are exactly what you will get - in fact, its even better in real life than the pictures portray. We will definately be going back there again.

Regards, Vicky

10. Re: vacation homes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:07 am, July 27, 2005