We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney or flex ticket or both

ireland
Level Contributor
41 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Disney or flex ticket or both

going to Orlando in august, staying in Grande Vista, bringing, Wife, kids aged 4 and 2, Mother and Sister. We want to see Disney and Universal and we are staying close to Seaworld. We were going to get a 4 park flex and a 3 day disney ticket. This is going to be expensive - will we get the use out of them?

Any suggestions?

bedfordshire uk
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney or flex ticket or both

nenpoos

How long are you going for ?

ireland
Level Contributor
41 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney or flex ticket or both

oops

14 days

should also say my Mother is in her 60s and my sister is slightly physically disabled

UK
Level Contributor
632 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney or flex ticket or both

To keep your disney tickets 'cheaper', just buy a base ticket and dont bother with the 'hopper' and non-expiry options. You will use 3 days no problem! If your sister is unable to ride some of the rides, you can do a swap at the 'child swap' where one persons remains with the non-rider while the rest of your group ride then simply swap without having to queue again! You will have a fab time!!

bedfordshire uk
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney or flex ticket or both

Hi,

Seems like you are in a similar situation to us !!

7 of us including the Mother and father inlaw, I call them the ' Out laws' !! although in their 60's are quite fit.

We are also going for 14 days, tickets are a lot of the budget but you really need to decide what you wan't to see and do.

We have gone for a 14 day disney ticket and also the 4 park universal ticket, excludes busch gardens, that also lasts 14 days.

We have planned no more than 2 days running for parks, this gives us a chill out day at least every 3rd day, maybe more.

I recon you will get the use out of your tickets but you will, as we will be, coming home for a rest !!!

We are also coming in August, Good luck !!!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney or flex ticket or both

I've gone several times for 2 weeks in August and visiting the parks all day can be exhausting. The weather really beats you down. I try to work in as many partial or down days as possible. You can go early in the morning or late in the afternoon and stay for the evening when it's a little cooler. Some people opt to leave midday for a break and do both mornings and evenings but I only do that if I'm staying on site and can get to the hotel easily. Of course I've been many times so I no longer feel the need to see and do everything. With the flex tickets you should be able to experience US/IOA & Sea World at your leisure. If you've never been before you might spend an entire day in each park and then you can go back for partial days to see your favorites. Disney is another 'world' altogether. I feel it would take more than 3 full days to see & do everything they have to offer if you've never been before. But remember, you don't have to do everything to have a wonderful trip.

I've read International visitors are able to book ticket options not available to us in the states so I'm not sure if there is a better option. I just checked US/IOA's and Sea World's web site and compared ticket options. You usually get the best deals if booked on line. Luckily you won't need tickets for your 2 year old. The 4 park flex is $184.95USD adult and $150.95USD child (age 3-9). These tickets are good for 14 consecutive days of unlimited use. I found an option for buy 2 day ticket and get 3 additional days which gives you 5 consecutive days at US/IOA for $99.95USD (ages 3 & up). Sea World offers a buy 1 day get 2nd day free for $59.75USD adult and $48.00USD child (age 3-9). That saves on the adult tickets but doesn't give you as much flexibility for park visits.

All that being said if there are stamina issues with touring parks all day I'd probably pick the flex option. The more partial days of touring you can do the more relaxed the vacation will be. Don't be surprised if your kids want to stay in the pool all day. : ) I made elaborate plans for my first trip to WDW with my son when he was 2. All he talked about all day was when could we go swimming again. We also now concentrate on doing either WDW or US/IOA & Sea World. We don't try to do it all in one trip. Of course we don't have to travel as far for our trips.

Wow, what a long winded response! Hope you have a great trip no matter what you decide. I too will be visiting WDW at the end of August and I'm trying to find a time to visit US/IOA.