We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal Orlando for kids 6-13

Toronto
1 post
Save Topic
Universal Orlando for kids 6-13

Hello, I will be going to Orlando in 1 week and wondered which one of the 2 Universal theme parks would be better for my children ages from 6yrs old to 13yrs old.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal Orlando for kids 6-13

Have you sat down with your kids at your PC, gone to the Universal/Islands of Adventure web site, reviewed what is offered and asked for their opinions ?

stevenage herts
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal Orlando for kids 6-13

I would say that universal island of adventure will have more to offer them at this age, more excitment and rides that they would love and enjoy, as said above though look on the web sites, if they are not exactly big thrill seekers for there age, then the other side would be better with more down to earth shows and although it still has rides there not as fast or mean as the other side.. hope this helps a little enjoy your trip.

St. Louis
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Universal Orlando for kids 6-13

Chelly1 is right, Islands of adventure will have quite a bit of stuff for both your kids. We went last year and our daughters at the time were 3 1/2 and 8 mo's and we were hesitant to go at first thinking it was a place for older kids and adults. I have to say we really enjoyed ourselves at Islands of Adventure and my oldest had a blast. Between Seuss landing, Toon Lagoon and the Flying Unicorn Roller coaster we could have spent 2 days there.

While I think the Dr. Seuss stuff might be a bit young for your kids there is plenty of other things to do including the Jurassic Park and the marvel super hero's section.

We are going back this year and while we are still going to Disney, we have just as much fun at Islands of Adventure.

sussex Eng
Level Contributor
501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Universal Orlando for kids 6-13

I must admit, when I went with my 6 year old, we preferred Uni Studios, purely for the fact that we could all do the rides. ( I believe now that the Mummy has a height restriction of 48",) so depending on the height of your 6 year old? IoA was a little more difficult' as on a lot of the rides' one of us had to look after the 6 year old vice, versa.

OH
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Universal Orlando for kids 6-13

We spent 2 days at each park in April 2005. My kids are 8 and 10 and they both liked Islands of Adventure better than the Studios.

uk
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Universal Orlando for kids 6-13

I think that there are great rides in both parks

Maybe you could sit down and work out which rides they would like to do and do both in a day.

Sue