We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Dinner Reservations

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
215 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Disney Dinner Reservations

Hey guys! I hope you can help me. I went on a Disney - related site, where people were calling in their dinner reservations 3 months in advance. I'm going to Disney in September, so these people already have a HUGE jump on me.

I'd like to know if you think making dinner reservations this early is really necessary. After working all year, I was looking forward to a real fun vacation that was not over-scheduled. So do you guys think it's possible to make dinner reservations the night before or the morning of? Please let me know. Thanx!

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Dinner Reservations

Hello Glendamax,

Yes, I would reserve now. If you change your mind when you get there, you can but at least your guaranteed to eat at your favorite restaurants. Better safe than sorry!

Florida
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Dinner Reservations

Some restaurants and especially common dining times book up rather fast so I would take a few minutes determine where you really would like to try and book a dining time. You can always cancel or change once you get there to alter your schedule but you will at least have something. On one trip and one trip ONLY I decided after my husband constantly complained that he didn't like to be "tied down to a certain time or place" decided fine we would do it his way. So on a non-peak time of year we along with 2 small children went to Disney "winging it" on reservations. To make a long story short that involved attempts at multiple restaurants in Epcot we ended up eating from the McDonald's kiosk in World Showcase. He never again made fun of my Disney planning.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Dinner Reservations

Some restaurants and especially common dining times book up rather fast so I would take a few minutes determine where you really would like to try and book a dining time. You can always cancel or change once you get there to alter your schedule but you will at least have something. On one trip and one trip ONLY I decided after my husband constantly complained that he didn't like to be "tied down to a certain time or place" decided fine we would do it his way. So on a non-peak time of year we along with 2 small children went to Disney "winging it" on reservations. To make a long story short that involved attempts at multiple restaurants in Epcot we ended up eating from the McDonald's kiosk in World Showcase. He never again made fun of my Disney planning.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Dinner Reservations

Sorry for that duplicate post! :( S-M

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
215 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Dinner Reservations

HA! Mum! I don't mind the duplicate response. I was hoping you would be one of the people who responded :) I'm just sooo disappointed that you guys are telling me that I have to do this. Oh well, I'll try to come up with something this week. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanx Again!

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney Dinner Reservations

Whether or not you have to make dinner reservations this far in advance depends on exactly where you want to dine. The character dining offerings usually need reservations well in advance. Others restaurants on property, weeks..others, you can call the morning or during the day you want to make the reservation for.

There are a lot a variables - but, make reservations just to be on the safe side - be sure to get a confirmation number and you can alway cancel if you change your plans.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney Dinner Reservations

Glenda refresh my memory who is traveling with you and what are you hoping to do meal wise? Upscale or as upscale as Disney gets, Character meals? I'll check back in later. S-M

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
842 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney Dinner Reservations

Most of the restaurants at WDW get booked up really fast, you do not have to make a reservation 3 months in advance but if you know what restaurants you would like to eat at and want to be guaranteed a table then you should make reservations before you arrive at WDW. Although if you are traveling with a large group or large family then you will probably need to make reservations well in advance. You can learn more on the WDW restaurants at the official WDW website:

http://www.disneyworld.com

FOR RESERVATIONS CALL:

407-WDW-DINE

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
977 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney Dinner Reservations

Give WDW Dining a ring now.

Tell them where you would like to Dine and at what time.

They will give you reservation numbers over the phone-make a note of them and then just trun up on the day about 20 minutes before your agreed dining time.

That's what I did recently for 2 Dinner Reservations at The Liberty Tree and Crystal Palace-Just need to do the same now for Alfredo's in Epcot if I Can.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney Dinner Reservations

Anything is possible, but there was one time we went that I didn't want to bother doing this and boy was it a mistake. We couldn't get in anywhere we wanted prior to 9pm. In September it might not be that bad, but I would book just in case. Just book a couple places that you don't have to pre-pay and that way at least you have something and then if you change your mind when you get there you can cancel. Just remember if you reserve a place inside of a park, you'll need admission to that park to dine.

If there is a particular place you want to get in, but it is currently booked, I would try back a few times and especially on the day of to see if there were any cancellations.