We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation Advice ?

ontario
Level Contributor
63 posts
6 reviews
Accommodation Advice ?

We are a family of 6 (2 adults 4 children). We are considering going to orlando in jan/09. I was wondering if anyone had some advice on suitable accommodations.

We are looking for at least 2 or 3 bedrooms. A fully equipped kitchen so we can save some money cooking meals in. Also a pool, lazy river etc. on site would be great for the kids.

Close to the theme parks also. We have never been so any info would be appreciated.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
44,102 posts
96 reviews
1. Re: Accommodation Advice ?

Many folks like Orange Lake or Windsor Hills for villas which are close to Disney.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
259 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Accommodation Advice ?

Regal Palms in Davenport has all those things, and is less expensive than some of the others. (Just staed there myself with 8 13 year old girls- had plenty of space- loved the pool!

kansas city
Level Contributor
614 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: Accommodation Advice ?

vrbo.com

banbridge
7 posts
4. Re: Accommodation Advice ?

Highlands Reserve on the US27 has beautiful villas with private pools, golf and tennins. If you pick the right villa you also have use of the facilities at Regal Palms next door

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
50,158 posts
22 reviews
5. Re: Accommodation Advice ?

I assume you are driving a car. If so, Regal Palms has what you want. It is a bit out west form the parks, but driving to the parks would be easy enough.

If you want to be closer to the parks, check out the 2/3 bed condos at Cypress oiinte in LBV. Walking distance to tons of restaurants/groc stores/pharmacy plus a longish walk or a short cheap taxi to DTD. The 2 bed sleeps 6 with the sofabed, but we usually get a 3 bed. It has a full kitchen plus washer dryer in each unit.

North Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
945 posts
41 reviews
6. Re: Accommodation Advice ?

Have you checked out Nickelodeon Suites Hotel? Sounds like it has everything you want. They offer 3 bedroom suites, a true waterpark, packages that include the parks, etc. A friend of mine has 4 children and this is where they always stay when they go. Here is the website: http://www.nickhotel.com/sleep/index.cfm

cheshire
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Accommodation Advice ?

Hi we,ve stayed at Sheratons Vistana village at lake buena vista about 4 times and never been disappointed! good luck

ontario
Level Contributor
63 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: Accommodation Advice ?

Wow !! Lots to check out. Thanks to everyone for their input.

Escondido, CA
9 posts
9. Re: Accommodation Advice ?

We are in the exact same boat as you guys (family of 6 consisting of an 10,9,8, and 6 year old), and put out almost an exact posting of yours about a week ago. I think we've finally decided to stay at in the Fort Wilderness cabins. It was a hard decision, if we hadn't selected FW I was going to choose the Omni Orland Resort @ Championsgate. The Omni had everything we were looking for and for about the same price. The reason we decided to stay with Disney is simply for the convenience of being on site. With the exception of visiting Discovery Cove all of our activities will be Disney related. I would really like to know where you guys decide to stay and how it turns out. We will be visiting March 22-29, 2009.

-Rhiannon

Escondido, CA
9 posts
10. Re: Accommodation Advice ?

I forgot to mention, I got some great responses to my posting... click on my name to view if interested.