We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal Express Pass tickets/onsite hotels

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
52 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Universal Express Pass tickets/onsite hotels

Hi

I've seen this topic a few times - and asked the question myself - about booking a room at one of the onsite Universal Studios hotels specifically to get hold of the room key which acts as the park Express Pass ticket. And about what time you can check-in to get the key etc.

I emailed the hotels and here's the reply I received. Hope it helps anyone thinking of doing the same.

"Thank you for contacting our Guest Services Department. We are committed to providing the most awe-inspiring entertainment experience possible to each of our guests.

All of Universal Orlando® On-Site hotels offer early "soft" check-ins, where you are able to settle payment and receive your hotel room keys as early as 7:00 AM. The Universal Express PlusSM that is offered with your room keys is valid through the end of the day of your check-out as well.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please call me at (407) 224-4233, option nine (9)."

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
3,225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal Express Pass tickets/onsite hotels

Very good info, I didn't know they had the "soft" check in, thats much better than waiting till regular check in time

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
52 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal Express Pass tickets/onsite hotels

I've made the booking and it'll be my first ever "soft" check-in! Must admit I've never heard the expression before.

south wales
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Universal Express Pass tickets/onsite hotels

Hi Allan08

Thanks for posting the e-mail that you had regarding booking a room at one of the Universal Hotels. We are looking to do just as you have mentioned. Looking to book 2 nights during our holiday in October not sure which hotel to pick yet. Which one have you chosen and how did you book? The best prices I have had are bookable direct with the hotel but we have not done this before so not sure how the 'dollar/american' booking would be made.

Thanks

Monkeymorris

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
52 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Universal Express Pass tickets/onsite hotels

Hi

I must admit I went with the cheapest option since in reality I doubt we'll spend too much time at the hotel. We already have our accommodation booked for the time we're there at a villa. So the booking is purely to get hold of the room keys.

I booked directly online and chose the Royal Pacific which came up as the cheapest for the one night we needed.

Hope that helps.

Billericay, United...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Universal Express Pass tickets/onsite hotels

We stayed at Royal Pacific.Booked from UK with Expedia £155.

Caz Essex

6. Re: Universal Express Pass tickets/onsite hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, September 26, 2009