We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tap water

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cork
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
tap water

is the water safe to drinkfrom the tap in america or is it like countries such as spain where the tap water makes you very ill? im thinking its not but just want to be sure. mostly ill stick to bottled water anyway

Florida
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tap water

No we aren't accustomed to poisoning visitors with our water, drink up! The taste in Florida can take a little getting used to but it will not make you ill nor is it unsafe.

UK
Level Contributor
655 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tap water

Tap water is definitely safer than in Spain etc!! You will not have to use bottled water to brush your teeth- LOL.

There are water drinking fountains everywhere, bottled water is readily available if you prefer, you will need to carry one around because of the heat, find a walmart/publix/target and buy multipacks.

Florida
Level Contributor
215 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: tap water

The tap water here is just fine to drink - I guess if you want to literally p*ss your money away, you can buy bottled water.

We carry sports bottles, fill and freeze them, and then, when just about empty, refill them with cold water from the water fountains in the parks.

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,891 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tap water

Hee, Hee, this is a bit like a reverse of the posts you get on the London Forum, from Americans asking if they can get Decaf coffee and brown sugar in London!! The water in the US is as safe to drink as the UK, I use the fountains all of the time in the parks it tastes fine and is suberbly cold!!!

Florida
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tap water

Helking you were missed this past week, did you have a good trip?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
842 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tap water

Tap water here in Florida is safe to drink although drinking bottled water is usually preffered. Although bottled Spring water comes from Florida it is not the same as tap water, the tap water comes from underground aquifers and is cleaned to a point at which it is safe to drink, the bottled Spring water comes directly from Florida springs and is well processed and usually purified to give it good fresh taste. I never drink tap water and much prefer fresh bottled Spring water but it is up to you whether or not you want to drink tap water.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
748 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tap water

You can drink the water stright out of the tap anywhere in the US. I belive this is a requirment of law.

Although you might find in places its is a bit heavly Chlorineated making your PG tips or Pepsi (the ice cubes) tasted a bit differant.

Looks like i am not the only one who has noticed the poor hygine standards on the europeian continent , i was was called ignorant, painted an un reconisabale picture on another post this week for mentioning these poor standards. I didn.t think I had been dreamming.

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,891 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tap water

Thanks Saffysmom, had a great time thanks, I still haven't had a chance to do my trip report. When I do I'll let you know if you want, and you can take a peek on the Paris forum!

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,891 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tap water

Sorry that's Saffy's mum (assumed the american term)!

united kingdom
Level Contributor
748 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tap water

OrlandoHelper; what you failed to tell us is how much the bottles version costs.

In the Parks $2;35 , More than the price of a gallon of gas outside the parks. its not advisabale to drink this one, might make you as ill as the tap water in spain.