We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Quick Advice - Hotel Search

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
4 posts
Save Topic
Need Quick Advice - Hotel Search

I have a trip to Orlando Florida planned for July and now I am seeing other people question Rodeway Inn on International Drive. I just booked that hotel. Is it really that bad? Should I change it. One person said that they stayed there for only a day last year and it was dirty.

Please help.

secretlover68

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Quick Advice - Hotel Search

In general my experiences with Roadway Inn's have not be great. I have stayed in 1 or 2 over the years driving from MD to FL (which I have done about 2 dozen times). I try and stay away from them as the level of service and cleanliness is often wildly inconsistent.

I have not stayed at their property in Orlando, so unfortunately I cannot comment on its condition.

London, England
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Quick Advice - Hotel Search

I guess it depends on your wants and needs. Some people want to pay budget hotel/motel prices but still expect Ritz Carlton services... that ain't gonna happen! I've stayed at the Rodeway a few times and it's fine. I've never experienced dirty rooms or any of the other things people have complained about. Maybe i just got lucky, or maybe some people just expect a lot for 60 bucks. The maid service comes daily, makes the beds, leaves clean towels, plastic cups, coffee etc. The pools have always been cleaned, and i've actually seen them cleaning them early morning so these are definately cleaned daily, and while the staff could be a bit more customer focused, at the end of the day, i'm not in the hotel enough to care!