We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wet N Wild or Aquatica

Bowie
4 posts
Save Topic
Wet N Wild or Aquatica

Visitign Orlando from May 23-30 with 8 year old. Can visit either Wet N Wild or Aquatica. Which do you recommend ?

orlando, florida
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wet N Wild or Aquatica

normally i would say Aquatica...but with the age of your kid i'm not so sure. Wet 'n Wild has better slides so if that's important to the 8 year old than pick Wet 'n Wild.

Scotland
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wet N Wild or Aquatica

I think aquatica is the best choice for an 8 year old and plus it is a new park so you can say that you have experienced something that not a lot of other people have experienced yet. Wet n Wild does have more rides but your 8 year old might not be able to get on all of them and the park is smaller in size and can feel really busy where aquatica there is more space and the theming is really good.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wet N Wild or Aquatica

Aquatica - but as its new expect it to be busy

south wales
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wet N Wild or Aquatica

We went to Wet N Wild on our 1st visit to Orlando and although we enjoyed the slides we found that the ground really hurt our bare feet. Also discovered that the 2 Disney waterparks were much nicer.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
4,241 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wet N Wild or Aquatica

I WOULD probably go to aqautica, ive never bee to wet n wild in orlando, but weve drove past it loads and im affraid to say it looks like a lot of leg work, all those flights of stairs to climb up, its really hard going, you might think going to a water park is relaxing but if your going up and down stairs all day is shattering

Formby, United...
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wet N Wild or Aquatica

we tried wet'n'wild on our last visit and although it was ok the other two didney water parks were far superior. so i think we'll give aquatica a go when we visit in May this year.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
160 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wet N Wild or Aquatica

Hi,

Just back from our first ever trip to Orlando. It was brilliant! I can recommend Aquatica as we went twice, and with a child near your child's age. Be warned though, that it gets VERY busy, so plan to get there when the park opens. Otherwise you'll spend ages wandering around the place looking for spare sun chairs.

Its a lovely park, great fun for the family. I know that it didn't get great reviews when it opened first, but our family really enjoyed our two visits there.

Happy Vacation!

DenKe

8. Re: Wet N Wild or Aquatica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, September 24, 2009