We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best itinerary for Seaworld...

Dublin
Level Contributor
394 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Best itinerary for Seaworld...

We plan to be first at the gate at opening time, so what is the best recommended route and what order should we see the shows/rides...Date for our visit is Sat 3rd May....(Don't laugh, we even have some of our summer shorts/tops in the cases already!!)...

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
477 reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
188 reviews
from $128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
131 reviews
from $118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from $51.99*
$87.87
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,977 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best itinerary for Seaworld...

You can usually get a schedule of the shows on the SeaWorld internet site, if you hunt through the pages long enough.

Having the show schedule is key to the best planning for the day. Since Shamu shows are the only performed twice or three times, pick one of it's times and work everything else around that.

If you want to ride Kraken or Journey to Atlantis, they are located near one another and are best done first thing in the morning when they open.

Be sure to do Wild Artic at a time of day not around the "ending time" of the Shamu show, as they are located next to one another and Wild Artic gets really busy from the crowds coming out of the show.

london
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best itinerary for Seaworld...

we get a map and go straight round to find out the dolphin feeding times.

we then feed the dolphins, then watch blue horizons.

then work our way round the rides,and animals, before the 1 o clockish shamu show, after that we grab some food then do the bits we haven't yet done, the sea lion show and bits.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
356 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best itinerary for Seaworld...

When we were there we first went in and got a map and show time. We did Sea Lion show first then walked around nad then did Dolphin show and then feeding time wal;ked around ate lunch and then did Shamu show. It worked out good because when we went to the dolphin show everyone went to the first Shamu show. Good luck and have fun. Go to the Sea lion show early, there is a man that entertains the crowd as people walk in he makes fun and goofs around. It ws so funny.

orlando, florida
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best itinerary for Seaworld...

i am an expert on seaworld lol..i must have gone here more than all the other parks put together. and i always always have the same itinerary. here's mine, and it works great for me:

i have checked the site and they have not posted show schedules for your date yet. make sure to check them before you go or once you are at the park, they are listed on the map. anyways, using my itinerary, we never have to worry about being in time for shows.

arrive at park opening (9:00)

Turtle Point

Stingray Lagoon

Dolphin Cove

Blue Horizons dolphin show (10:30,11:00)

Manatee Rescue

Journey to Atlantis

Kraken

Penguin Encounter

Pets Ahoy (1:45 ish)

Sky Tower

Pacific Point Preserve

Clyde and Seamore take Pirate Island (3:00 ish)

Shark Encounter

Sharks Underwater Grill for dinner (i would try to reserve a table for about 4:15)

Clydesdale Hamlet

Believe shamu show (5:30, 6:15)

Shamu's Happy Harbor (if you have small kids)

Wild Arctic

there is another show, Oddyssea, but it would be VERY difficult to try to fit that in as well. it usually only has a few showings. i find it skipable anyways.

Dublin
Level Contributor
394 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best itinerary for Seaworld...

Tks everyone for the info, we can't wait to go now.... have booked our DC tkts with the Seaworld option..

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,762 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best itinerary for Seaworld...

Orlandonative..thanks for the information...will add this to the rest of travel information !

Just because it has been so many years since we have been there, and we would really like to fit as much as possible in. OK ...I guess we decided not to do the dining with the sharks( since we are eating at the Coral Reef, which we really enjoy)...what other place would you suggest (counter service) that would be nice.

Thanks again, Disney Chicks

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,977 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best itinerary for Seaworld...

Just remember to check the show schedule for the date you are visiting.

Depending on how late Seaworld stays open, they may have a totally different show schedule than the post above shows.

I've only been in off season times, and on those dates, there was never more than 2 shows for Shamu.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best itinerary for Seaworld...

If your enjoy coasters than head across to Kraken first - i guarantee you will get a ton of rides on it with no queue.....you'll be laughing by the time it gets nearer lunch time when the queues are 30-40 minutes long !!!!

orlando, florida
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best itinerary for Seaworld...

nah Kat i don't remember there only being two shows. perhaps you haven't been in a while?

and even if they didn't have many shows, i know there is always one in the evening around when i said (5:30, 6:00 ish), because i always see the evening show. besides, they may not have show schedules up yet, but on Sat 3rd May, the park is open until 8:00. this signifies they are expecting moderate crowds and will most likely have plenty of shows running.

DISNEYCHICKS, for counter service i always go to Voyager's Wood Fired Pizza in the Waterfront section of the park. it's not gourmet, but it's good for the price. they have pizza (of course), salmon, salad, chicken, pasta, etc.

dublin,ireland
Level Contributor
311 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best itinerary for Seaworld...

if you have young kids do breakfast with elmo its great fun ( did it last week)