We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caribbean Beach Resort v's La Quinta Int Drive

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
482 reviews
Save Topic
Caribbean Beach Resort v's La Quinta Int Drive

Having booked La Quinta from 7th Jan 2006 until 12th Jan I've found we can have Caribbean Beach Resort for same price.

Much appreciate any views on this from fellow trip advisor members. We have no children and enjoy spending time by the pool, nice meals and nice areas to walk in.

ma
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Caribbean Beach Resort v's La Quinta Int Drive

I have stayed at both. You would be crazy to not stay at Caribbean Beach. Just being on the disney property alone is well worth it to me.....Rooms and grounds are much nicer also....

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caribbean Beach Resort v's La Quinta Int Drive

I've never stayed at the La Quinta, but If you could get Caribbean Beach Resort for the same price I'd say DEFINITELY stay there.

lc6
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Caribbean Beach Resort v's La Quinta Int Drive

Hi Gill68. I stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort and it was awesome. The ambience was incredible! Not to mention the fact that you are staying on Disney property so you have transportation to all of the parks. The only downside is their food court. My family and I ate at the food court our first day, and did not return. I have a large family and we all ate something different and we were all disappointed. The food was overpriced and pretty bad. The food court was actually the deciding factor for us to rent a car.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
482 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caribbean Beach Resort v's La Quinta Int Drive

we will have a car anyway so getting around won't be an issue.

We aren't planning to spend any more than one day in the disney parks over the 5 days as we've pretty much done them all before so our park hopper/magic your way tickets lasts us for quite a few years now. I just thought after 10 or so trips to I drive area it might be nice to stay in a disney hotel for a change.

I've also discovered that we can have CBR, Coronado Springs or Port Orleans french quarter at same price so now have to decide which is best. Decisions,decisions!!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caribbean Beach Resort v's La Quinta Int Drive

Totally agree with everyone else, I wouldn't stay at La Quinta even if it was much cheaper let alone getting it for the same price. By the way how on earth did you get the same price for La Quinta and Disney? The hotels are right at opposite ends of the rating scale.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caribbean Beach Resort v's La Quinta Int Drive

I've stayed all three of the resorts Port Orleans Riverside, Coronado Springs and Carribean Beach.

My preference is Port Orleans Riverside. The grounds are very beautiful. The bus stops are very easily accessible. They also have a boat that goes down to Downtown Disney.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Caribbean Beach Resort v's La Quinta Int Drive

Sorry, I just noticed that Port Orleans Riverside wasn't one of your choices.

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Caribbean Beach Resort v's La Quinta Int Drive

Forget La Quinta! We like both the Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans. It just depends on which ambience you would prefer. The Caribbean Beach and the Port Orleans both have small rooms but the grounds are beautiful! The Caribbean Beach is a larger resort and has a tropical flare. There are small pools throughout the resort and a main pirate themed pool. Port Orleans has a river that runs through it with boat rides and a pool with a dragon slide if I'm recalling correctly. There is a fishing hole for the kids to fish in and the grounds are lush with trees and of course has a Louisana feel to it. Tough decision! But have fun whereever you choose to stay!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
482 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Caribbean Beach Resort v's La Quinta Int Drive

holiday nut

la quinta was over 100 dollars (plus tax), even on their own website. The disney hotels are on the disney website at 74 gbp each including tax. I found carib beach etc on expedia at 62gbp per night but have bad experience of expedia so would rather pay the extra and book direct in case of any issues. Have been recommended Residence Inn near Seaworld however couldn't get any availability for Jan 7-12 2006 - popular place it seems!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
482 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Caribbean Beach Resort v's La Quinta Int Drive

one other question to all you helpful guys out there.

If we chosse one of the WDW hotels am I correct in thinking we can park at the Disney parks free (and save around 8 dollars!) - do we get a pass?