We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know what I was bitten by?

Rochester
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Anyone know what I was bitten by?

Whilst in Orlando I was bitten twice on the leg by a bizarre brown flying thing. I would say 3/4 of an inch long & it's whole appearance made it look like wood! Once was in Disney itself near that ferry boat i.e. right near water & once at my hotel, which was slap bang next to a lake too. I'm not sick ... yet! But I am very curious. The bites were painful enough to draw my attention to it & swipe them away.

Xenia, OH
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: Anyone know what I was bitten by?

OMG, a magot?? I cringe at the thought!!!

united kingdom
Level Contributor
748 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Anyone know what I was bitten by?

Poe eoghan; you said you had looked at the web site posted by hacmco at the top of the page, and said you couldnt find the little bliter that bit you. or the ones I discribed.

Pictured there is a Scrab Hunter Wasp. This is likely to come within the group I explained, But I only going on its looks dont know of it personally.

If you had gone to Insect Information table. and gone down the list. The lists under Parisitic Flies they quote 200 species for Florida. But i couldnt find any pictures, but that doesent mean there arnt any

Cardiff, Wales, UK
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Anyone know what I was bitten by?

Hi Poe my guess is if you have not got a spot there now with a head then i assume its growing inwards and consuming your leg, hope this advice is help full lol.

only kidding im sure u going to be fine..gulps