We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from disney to universal??

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
essex county, new...
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
from disney to universal??

hey does anyone know how far it is to goto universal for the day, if you are staying at disney??? or what would be the best best for transportation to and from both parks. (we are not renting a car so would that be a problem???)

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from disney to universal??

I would say that Disney and Universal are about 12 -15 miles apart. For transporation you might want to check out transportation services in orlando by putting "orlando transportation" in the search of your search engine. I did a quick look at Mears Transportation, put in for 4 passengers and it was coming up with $70.00 round trip. I think there is a car rental somewhere on Disney property (maybe National), so you might check with that also.

essex county, new...
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from disney to universal??

great!! i will def check that out...thanks!

Derbyshire. UK
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: from disney to universal??

Hi mare682,

You can use Disney's own transport free of charge if you're staying on property. So, you could take one of their buses as far as the Ticket and Transportation Centre and then catch the Lynx #50 which will take you to I-drive. I don't know if the #50 actually stops at Universal but if you do need a connection, these are free of charge, so long as you tell the driver when you purchase your ticket. Hope this helps!

London, England
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: from disney to universal??

The only Lynx that goes to Universal from the I Drive area is the Lynx 21, but i couldn't tell you where it stops going out, i only know it stops near to the big McDonalds on the way back. So you would have to catch the Lynx 50 from Magic Kingdom/Transportation Center to Seaworld, and then get the I-ride trolley and then walk for about 10 mins.

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
977 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: from disney to universal??

Get onto www.shop.viator.com and click on Orlando. Go to around Page 7/8: Click on Mears Attraction Transfers and you can now pre-book and prepay for the day you rquire round trip transportation.You will get a link to a Voucher-Print it off, as that's in effect your E-ticket. You will need to telephone Mears on the telephone number given on the Voucher a minumum of 3 hours prior to you wanting to go to universal. I booked 5 Transfers last night-nice and simple and it's also a nice thought knowing I won't have to woory about getting around now, when I'm out there and won't have to take any more money out for cabs etc.

if you decide you change your mind and don't want to go to Universal on the date you've chosen-don't worry-just call Mears and quote the booking reference and arrange another time and day-You won't need to pay anymore-A very simple, stress free way of arranging your own transfers.

London, England
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: from disney to universal??

Rev - Do you know if Mears will pick up from Sanford airport as well? Or is it just the parks?