We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nighttime air boat ride

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wisconsin
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nighttime air boat ride

We would like to take an airboat ride at night. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it worth the extra money and can you see the croc's better? We have watched the online video and it looks very interesting.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nighttime air boat ride

It is highly unlikely you will see any crocs anywhere in central Florida unless in caprivity. There are a few crocs I understand in the Everglades in south Florida.

Lots of alligators though....

If you like bugs, go at night - just make sure you keep your mouths closed.

It's dark, how are you going to see alligators any better without the use of a spotlight ?

Want to see alligators? - go during daylight.

Merritt Island...
Level Contributor
236 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nighttime air boat ride

Have to agree with endeavor, but not having seen the video maybe I'm missing something??? I've only heard of the daytime airboat rides and always heard good things. In fact I plan to take one this summer since we've always lived here and never done it. There are a lot of alligators! I would think at night you would miss looking at the scenery and seeing other wildlife like birds. Not to mention, what if you break down at night with all those mosquitos (I live nearby so I speak with experience)??

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nighttime air boat ride

Go in the daytime - you can see things then

wisconsin
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Nighttime air boat ride

Yes Endeavor they do use spotlights at night. Check out www.bcairboats.com for info. I was hoping to hear from someone who took a ride at night, not from someone who just wanted to rip the idea. According to the web site they (alligators) are more active at night.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nighttime air boat ride

Sorry - my answer sounded as if I was ripping the idea. I have been at day and night; what I meant to say was, go during the day, you can see more things then.

uk
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nighttime air boat ride

When we went in November we went and did Sand Sea and scales trip. We were taken to Cocoa beach, Ron Jons Surf Shop, then were taken off to a BBQ after which we had a hands on experiance with animals from snakes to Panthers (www.thecarefoundation.com) after that we were taken on an airboat ride about 45mins long to find alligators. It was good but we ourselfs did dot see many alligators close up saw their eyes glowing in the distance but get up close and puff they were gone! Just a baby one was curious enough to hang around a bit longer! Lots of bugs to be found though!! After that trip we were taken for unlimited drinks and karoke at the Black Angus on I-Drive!! Was a good day out!

wisconsin
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Nighttime air boat ride

Thanks Chinners and Mumzcool,

If there is anyone else who has taken the ride at night please let me know what you thought about it.

Orlando
Level Contributor
33 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nighttime air boat ride

shopperlady,

try this. lotsa info

http://www.airboatdirectory.com/

Orlando
Level Contributor
33 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nighttime air boat ride

opps forgot to mention

This is the subtropics and mosquitos are plenty ,they like to come out as soon the sun goes down. I m thinking driving at high speed thru a swamp at night.... Keep your mouth closed and apply lots of mosquito spray

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Nighttime air boat ride

Yes, I know that sporlights are used at night. I've taken both the night ride and the day trip - the day trip is better - more is seen than just alligators.