We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando to Tampa

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
282 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Orlando to Tampa

is there a cheap way to get from orlando to tampa? the reason i ask is for

1. Busch Gardens

2. Tampa Bay D Rays

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
510 Reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Crystal River Snorkeling, Everglades...
155 Reviews
from $118.99*
Special Offer
Icon Orlando, Madame Tussauds, and...
21 Reviews
from $51.99*
$87.87
Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando to Tampa

If it is for two or more people, renting a car for the day would be cheapest. Otherwise, consult your Google Gods for Bus Service Orlando To Tampa.

This is an example, but there may be more:

http://www.cwstours.com/shut_m_o.htm

Kent, England
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando to Tampa

seaworld run a shuttle to busch gardens, not sure if free or small charge check thier website?

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
282 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando to Tampa

had a look on the amtrak website and it says tampa is 2hrs by train and $9 each way, thats alright isnt it?

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
282 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando to Tampa

oh and i also found this

"Now it's easier than ever to experience Busch Gardens' wildlife and wild rides via the Busch Gardens Shuttle Express for only $10 per person for a round trip from Orlando. The service is always free with the purchase of a 5-Park Orlando FlexTicket or SeaWorld and Busch Gardens 2-Park Ticket"

taken from

floridaparks.co.uk/busch_gardens/park_info.h…

a UK website for visitors to Florida.

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando to Tampa

They are just the Tampa Rays now - they dumped the deveil last month.

The stadium is not in Tampa but St Pete and not simple to access by public transport or day tripping. I am sure you will get good value from the Ryas next year because they are going to be contenders ( I hope )but I think you will have to drive yourself to Tropicana Field.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
38,136 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orlando to Tampa

Do NOT take Amtrak -- the stations are a very long way from where you want to be on either end -- the Tampa station is right downtown -- 10 miles or so from Busch Gardens, and there isn't any public transport in Tampa.

The Rays play in St. Petersburg, which is across Tampa Bay, and another 30 miles west of Busch Gardens.

I'd hire a car and drive, with an overnight, if you want to see the Bay area.

7. Re: Orlando to Tampa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, September 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Orlando