We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

orlando international airport

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new brunswick
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
orlando international airport

could someone tell me if there is a liquor outlet at the orlando international airport? we are taking the disney express bus to our resort and were wondering if were could purchase beer at the airport since we won't have a car to get around.

pa
Level Contributor
53,900 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: orlando international airport

If you are taking the Disney Magical Express, I will assume you are staying at a Disney Resort. If that is the case, you can buy Beer at the Resort Gift Shop. No need to shop at the Airport.

new brunswick
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: orlando international airport

yes we are staying at the pop century resort. We stayed there 3 years ago but I don't remember seeing beer available at the gift shop. We thought it might be cheaper to buy it at the airport duty free shop.

do you know how much it would cost at the resort and the duty free shop?

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: orlando international airport

It would probably be less expensive to rent a car than to buy beer in any type of volume at WDW

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,050 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: orlando international airport

I don't beleive you can shop duty free on Arrival. Besides, most duty frees do not have beer, only harder spirits.

My neighbor said beer in the gift shop was $4 a can, so a cab ride to the grocery store might be a better option. I'm sure they have had it requested before!

Florida
Level Contributor
150 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: orlando international airport

Take a cab to Walmart and stock up, we've done it before from the Movies resort

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: orlando international airport

Can't buy at Duty Free - because, when you do, they check your boarding card, and then they keep the goods you've just bought and only hand them to you at the gate as you board the international flight.

I'd second the idea of making a trip to the nearest Walmart.

Or, there is a Winn-Dixie store a little way along SR535 at Lake Buena Vista. The nearest point which is accessible by WDW's free buses is DownTown Disney Marketplace. It will be too far to walk to & from if you are carrying heavy stuff. You can save cab fare by taking a cab from & to Marketplace, rather than from your resort.

If you prefer to save cab fare altogether (ie. walk/carry), you can take WDW bus to Down Town Disney Marketplace, then walk about 0.75 mile along Hotel Plaza Boulevard to "CrossRoads at Lake Buena Vista" where there is a "Goodings" supermarket. This will be more expensive than Walmart but less so than WDW resort shops.

pa
Level Contributor
53,900 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: orlando international airport

A 6-Pack of Beer was $10 - $12 ( depending on which Brand you'd like ) at a Disney Resort in September. Hardly worth the time or money renting a car to go buy off Property, IMO.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: orlando international airport

Pa, I was actually joking but think it over. If one buys a couple of cases of beer along with other food items at Disney we are probably looking at something around $100. If you hire a car you can probably halve that and then still have the convenience of making another trip and more importantly being able to avoid the Disney transportation system,which is spotty at best IMO

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,889 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: orlando international airport

If you just want beer,go to the Hess minimart across from the entrance to Downtown Disney-you can take the disney bus both ways.You can't get beer at the airport except by the cup

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,467 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: orlando international airport

Unless you pay extra fee to have a mini-fridge in your room at Pop Century, how do you keep multiple cans of beer cold in the room anyway?

Don't think that little bitty ice bucket is going to do the trick, unless you chill one can at a time.