We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gyms on or around International Drive

Newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Gyms on or around International Drive

Hi, This year we have booked a hotel without a gym. Could anyone tell me if there are any gyms open to non-members on or around International Drive? I've never noticed any on my previous visits but I've never really looked.

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
977 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gyms on or around International Drive

I've never quite got to grasp with the idea of spending time in a Gym, if for example you're planning a vacation under 2 weeks. I myself work out 3 times a week, courtesy of my Company's Gym, but I'll be buggered (metaphorically speaking of course) if I felt I had to go to a Gym while on Holiday.

Moreover, if you go regularly in any case, you shouldn't suffer too much, if at all, from withdrawl symptoms within the first 2 weeks of what should consitute fun and/or relaxation.

Give the Gym a miss, unless you happen to be going for more than, say, 2 weeks.

Have good time. I'm sure you will do your fair share of walking too.

Newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gyms on or around International Drive

To The Reverend

I don���t go to the gym so I can tell my workmates that I do, I don���t find the gym an ordeal, I find it relaxing and I get pleasure out of it. I have visited the gym on every holiday I���ve taken because that���s what I like to do, unfortunately this was a cheap late deal and we assumed wrongly that there would be a gym in the hotel.

I was wanting to know if there are any suitable gyms in the area not get advice on how to spend the time on my holiday - that���s subjective.

nowhere
Level Contributor
872 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gyms on or around International Drive

try this website floridafitnessfinder.com/healthcluborange.htm

I noticied several on Colonial off International. Also, ask if your hotel has any agreement with other hotels to use their fitness center for a fee. Many hotels will allow non-guests use of the facilities for a charge. Many of the hotels on I-drive have fitness centers, but the Peabody probably has the best.

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
977 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gyms on or around International Drive

Redred:

Just be careful.If you do not normally go to a Gym, apart from going when you're on holiday, you may in effect end up doing yourself more harm than good if your body hasn't been used to regular excercise. Shocking the body now and again is a bad move, unless of course you start a programme of excercise and build up gradually.

I do not need to tell my workmates I go to a Gym, because most of them already attend the one we have at work.