We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Animal Kingdom Lodge villas

Connecticut
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Animal Kingdom Lodge villas

I just booked a one-bedroom villa at the Animal Kingdom Lodge villas. Has anyone else stayed there? How close are we to the construction?

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
510 Reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Crystal River Snorkeling, Everglades...
155 Reviews
from $118.99*
Special Offer
Icon Orlando, Madame Tussauds, and...
21 Reviews
from $51.99*
$87.87
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
43,585 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge villas

When is your trip booked for?

The A.K. Lodge villas are still under construction, as far as I know, and none of them are open just yet. You will be right in the middle of the construction, if I'm not mistaken, when staying at the villas.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge villas

We'll be going in mid-April 2008. When I called Disney resorts, they assured me that the one-bedroom villas were recently completed. Do you think this info is accurate?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
43,585 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge villas

O.K., you are probably going to be in the "renovated" main lodge building rooms that were "converted" to villa rooms. Did they say anything to you about the Jambo house?

Anyway, here's some info from 'allears' that tells a little more:

JAMBO HOUSE VILLAS

The first Disney Vacation Club rooms opened on July 1, 2007.

There are four types of rooms in the Jambo House: Value (not yet available as of September 2007), Standard, Savanna and Concierge.

Value rooms are smaller accommodations. As an example, the value studio is 316 sq.ft. while the standard studio is 365 sq.ft. The value rooms are being converted from the former "standard rooms" of the AKL (think floors 1-4). There are also some value two-bedroom villas. About half of the value rooms will have a savanna view.

The "standard" studios are being built in rooms that are part of the "deluxe" category for the lodge, hence the larger size (think floors 5-6). Standard villa views may be of the pool, garden or parking lot.

Approximately 80 percent of all rooms will have a Savanna View.

Concierge rooms will have access to full Kilimanjaro Club concierge services and amenities. Not all concierge villas have a savanna view, though. This is the first time a Disney Vacation Club property has offered concierge service.

A total of 216 "keys" make up the combination of studio, one- and two-bedroom as well as grand villas in the Jambo House. That equates to approximately 109 villas in the existing building.

Studio Accommodations:

Sleeps 4, queen-size bed and full-size sofa bed. Flat panel TV and DVD. Wet bar, small refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker, private balcony.

One-Bedroom Villas:

Value one-bedrooms (629 sq.ft.) sleep 4, all other categories sleep 5. There is no sleeper chair in the Value category. The Master Bedroom has a king size bed, master bathroom with whirlpool tub. There is a queen-size sofa bed in living room. Flat panel TV and DVD player in living room, flat panel TV in master bedroom. Full kitchen facilities. Laundry area with stackable washer and dryer. Private balcony. Non-value one-bedroom villa is 710 sq.ft.

Two-bedroom Villas:

Five of these rooms are in the value category (945 sq.ft.). Each two-bedroom villa sleeps up to nine. Master bedroom suite with king-size bed. Flat panel TV and DVD player in living room, flat panel TV in master bedroom. Full kitchen facilities. Laundry area with stackable washer and dryer. Private balcony. Non-value two-bedroom villas are 1,075 sq. ft.

Grand Villas - one-story - all have Savanna view. Sleep up to 12.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge villas

Thanks for the info Kat Cubs! Yes we are at Jambo, but I'm not sure if we are standard, savannah or concierge. I guess I should find out. We are probably standard since I know they had no more savannah views available.

Your response clued me in to a great website--allears. On "allears", I found a blog which had pictures of one of the recently completed 1-bedroom villas. I really hope the construction around our room is completed by the time we get there in April.

PA
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge villas

We (my gf and I) are also staying in Jambo House villas in April. We did EXTENSIVE {I'm a bit obsessive :) } research and talked to tons of different Disney Travel Company reps including AKLV reps AKL reps and actual on site personel. The end result is that construction on Jambo House Villas is completed and construction on the Village Villas is still underway and will be completed as early as early May but more then likely Mid June. Take that for what it's worth as that's the concessis of the majority.

But what is "sure" is that construction IS completed on the Jambo house (main building) Villas but those will be smaller then the same Village Villas.

On another note to merely get confirmation that we could book a Jambo House Villa was a task in a half not to mention have someone acknowledge the Jambo House name.

pa
Level Contributor
55,118 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge villas

We will also be there mid April and looking forward to the New Villas :)

Linda Mac did a review not to long ago on the allears.net Site. Sorry I don't have the link at the moment but if you do a search on the

allears.net

you will be able to see some Photos and get her take on the Villas

7. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, September 12, 2009