We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach towels etc

England
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
beach towels etc

I am packing for our trip to new york/orlando - leaving tomorrow - kids are just so excited. When in orlando we are planning 1 possibly 2 trips to the beach. What do people usually do for beach towels - they are so bulky & heavy I don't want to carry them - they will take up half a suit case for 4 of us. The agent said don't use the towels from the rooms, buy cheap ones from Wal-mart & then throw them away. What do other people do? Also, do most beaches have sun chairs/loungers nor hire? Many thanks

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
477 reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
189 reviews
from $128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
131 reviews
from $118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from $51.99*
$87.87
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,400 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach towels etc

Yes - buy when you get there. When we went to the beach (Clearwater) we rented chairs and I expect this to be the case with most beaches. If you are going to the water parks then you can hire towels. Beaches are a bit out of Orlando so it would depend how long you were going to be there and what else you wanted to do whether 2 days at the beach are likely. There is so much to do in Orlando itself.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: beach towels etc

Purchase inexpensive beach towels when you get here.

Most beaches do not have sunchairs/loungers for hire.