We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying with My travel

Scotland
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
8 helpful votes
Flying with My travel

We are flying with My Travel in a few weeks from Gatwick. We have upgraded to premium seats but wondered if anyone has flown with them recently as I have heard a few bad reviews.

Thanks

middlesex
Level Contributor
188 posts
13 reviews
17 helpful votes
1. Re: Flying with My travel

We travelled with My Travel in July and thought they were pretty good.

They have the large airbus 3330 with seatback TV's. The food was just about ok though but i'm sure if you have booked premium seats you'll have better than we did!

The air stewards were very nice and helpful too.

Hope this helps.

South shields
Level Contributor
418 posts
5 reviews
8 helpful votes
2. Re: Flying with My travel

Kaz

we flew premiair gold in april and were really happy with it,

the cabin is much less crowded and relaxing, the seats bigger comfier and more legroom. In our experience it was worth the extra what with the separate check in and extra luggage allowance too.

Scotland
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
8 helpful votes
3. Re: Flying with My travel

Thanks travelbug001 - I'm sure it will be ok , but there is nothing worse than sitting on a cramped plane with poor service on a long haul flight!!

Scotland
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
8 helpful votes
4. Re: Flying with My travel

Scottishmum1 - thanks for your reply. Can you tell me was the check in quite long - they have said there is a separate check in and to check in one and a half hours before but would we better going earlier?

uk
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
34 reviews
56 helpful votes
5. Re: Flying with My travel

we just flew with them 2 weeks ago,and i had NO complaints,apsart from legroom but that shouldnt be a problem for u.

yes they were fine we departed on time,from MANCHESTER and yes the A330 is good.

enjoy.

Greater London...
Level Contributor
505 posts
34 reviews
34 helpful votes
6. Re: Flying with My travel

They do have a seperate check in at Gatwick, so it is very easy . I would aim to get their at the stated check in time on your e-ticket. or earlier if you want to do some duty free shopping in the departures building.

The seats you dont want are the ones at the back of the premiair section as they dont recline ( I believe ) all the others are ok.

South shields
Level Contributor
418 posts
5 reviews
8 helpful votes
7. Re: Flying with My travel

Yes kaz you can check in 90 min before hand but we got there much earlier, we checked in 2hrs or so before and we werent the first to check in. There were only 2 families in the check in line, so we were virtually straight in the airport door and straight through.

South shields
Level Contributor
418 posts
5 reviews
8 helpful votes
8. Re: Flying with My travel

The separate check in is beside the normal check in for the flight, think there were 2 desks then the one at the end said premiair gold check in.

9. Re: Flying with My travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, September 09, 2009