We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florida in October

Kent
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Florida in October

Am travelling to FLorida in October for two weeks from the UK - has anyone travelled at that time of year - what is the weather like etc? Are we at risk from hurricanes (thinking if last years disaster weather)!

Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Florida in October

To see October 2004 weather, go to this web site:

wunderground.com/history/…MonthlyHistory.html

Scroll down to the calendar and you wil get the daily weather. Temps are in F degrees. You can also get prior years, too.

Yes, Florida is still at risk for hurricanes and tropical storms during October as the Hurricane Season runs from June 1st to Noveember 30th.

And, no, we don't know what's going to happen this year.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
nowhere
Level Contributor
872 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florida in October

October is my favorite month to be in FL. Though the threat of hurricanes is still there, I've had picture postcard weather during most of my visits over many years. (I lost my October stay on Captiva/Sanibel Islands to Charley last year.) The weather is reliably warm, the summer rains have lightened up, the oppressive summer heat has broken and the weather is a bit cooler (usually), especially at night. When I can, I take the whole month as vacation there. Park attendence is a lighter than in the summer, but some weeks are heavier than others. My next favorite month is May.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
732 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florida in October

I agree with earlybrass in saying that October is the best time to go. If there are no hurricanes, the weather is terrific, with high's in the 80's and not as many rainy days as summer. The parks are much less crowded and you will very rarely encounter any long lines. Hopefully last hurricane season will not be repeated anytime soon, but from what I've read, guests at Disney World were well taken of during the storms.

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Florida in October

We have been over in late October/early November a few times and luckily have missed the hurricanes! But you never know what's coming! Sometimes it's a risk you just have to take.

October is a great time for going...it's not so hot, but a lot better that our UK summers! The parks are less busy and you can usally just walk on to the best rides straight away.

If you are looking for places to stay, let me know and I will let you have some info.

Nadia

Orlando
Level Contributor
25 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Florida in October

Hurricane season ends by October. This past year's season became active with Charley in August, and ended in mid September after Jeanne. In 1999 Floyd hit around Mid Sept.

Mid-October to Late November showcases our best temperatures in the 70's with a slight breeze. It is my favorite time of year here! Enjoy!