We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping

Cheshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Shopping

Family of 2 boys 5 and 9 wanting to buy sports clothes and trainers and football boots - any recommendations for bargains? We're in Orlando 1st week and Bradenton 2nd week. Also nintendo ds's and mp3 player for Mum!

Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for St. Pete Beach
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
538 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping

Frances,

For the first week check out the Inside Page on shopping in Orlando.

For the second google Ellenton Prime Outlets for store listings and directions, opening hours etc.

Happy shopping!

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping

Hi Frances, great places firstly Designer Outlet nr Lake Mary for sports goods, watch the footie boots mostly blades which arent accepted by most leagues over here as they are made into the boot they can become very sharp, not many studs around unless the arrival of Becks has changed this hopefully as my son will be buying them over there in 12 days... lots of nike outlets dotted about Lake Buena Vista, Beltz shops, some of the larger malls, Florida arent always dearer have bought lots of trainers, basketball shoes from there, usually the most recent ones not the older stock, going to Bradenton theres a large Designer Outlet at Ellenton about 10 mins away, have a look at website sorry havent got the details can google it though, bought our electrical goods at several shops around International Drive remember to haggle they will usually drop from the marked price, watch comin back into Manchester as they are red hot on electrical goods saw several ps2's and nintendo taken off people, my daughter and her boyfriend were nearly one of them luckily they said they had taken the games with them to play at the villa or else they would have been over the limit, pop down to Sarasota whilst your at Bradenton you will like it there have a great trip laura ........

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping

I got an Ipod from Best Buy a couple of years ago - they have a good choice & decent prices so might be a good place to start for your mp3 player & nintendo ds. Go to www.bestbuy.com and use their store locator (use zip code 32830) to find locations - I know there is one near the Florida Mall but can't remember where the others are.

Walmart might also be worth a try for the electronic items, wlthough they don't have a hige choice.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping

IMO Ellenton outlets not as good as Orlando but you may not have as much time in Orlando to shop.

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping

Hello Frances, we went to the new Walmart in Orlando and there was a huge selection of electrical equipment. We bought a top of the range camera and my son bought a laptop. We were amazed at how much we saved especially as we got $2 to the £.

Have a great holiday!

Cheshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping

Thanks, everyone, for all the usful info. Yes that is a good point about coming back into Manchester. Do people generally declare or hope for the best!!

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping

Hi Frances, we had way over our allowance but just walked through the green channel! In fact we didn't see a custom and excise officer once. Good luck.....

Pauline

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,856 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopping

I'd try Walmart first for everything as they sell it all. I bought Nintendo DS stuff there in June. And they have football boots trainers etc. Their levis are cheaper than the outlets, although they have less of the styles if you are looking for something specific.

I bought stuff from there for my 3 boys, plus the Nike outlet, and Macy's at millenia mall. If the low prices there don't grab you go on the the malls and outlets. If you go to the malls bring your DL or Passport as macy's has a visitors program where you can sign up for a card that gets you 11% off all prices, even sale prices.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Shopping

Thanks, that's really useful. Is there anything specific that we should be buying over there?

Scotland
Level Contributor
553 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shopping

levis and trainers

levi outlet had jeans for $19.99 which with the exchange rate was like £10!!

trainers are pretty cheap too

we bought an ipod from the apple store.

We bought sooo much stuff when we were there

one word of warning: make sure you ask that everything electrical will work back here

We bought an ipod docking station and were told it would work back home and when we got here it kinda blew up! We cant get our money back or a replacement, so watch where you buy electrical goods from :)

Scottishchick x