We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kennedy space station best tours

brisbane
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
kennedy space station best tours

anyone been to kennedy? what tours prove value for money? which are a waste of time, or which are most imformative and give lots of hands on? Any info appreciated. Is it of benifit to pre book?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
842 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kennedy space station best tours

Theres plenty to do at the Kennedy Space Center. There is a good variety of attractions and exhibits to see at the main Kennedy Space Center Visitors Complex. A must see is the IMAX shows, a great experience, there are also several shows, and some very interesting exhibits including an early space exploration museum, the Astrounaut National Memorial, the outdoor rocket garden, the space shuttle replica, and more. I really think the #1 MUST SEE at the Kennedy Space Center is the tour, the buses take you on a tour into the restricted areas of NASA including a drive by the Vehicle Assembly Building, a stop at the launch pad viewing tour, and another stop at the Saturn V rocket center. You can get more info on KSC at:

http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: kennedy space station best tours

Regarding the Kennedy Space Center Visitors Complex:

Yes, I've been many times since I live relatievly close. I find it all worthwhile. For hands-on, you'll have to go to the Astronaut Hall of Fame - a tour option.

For details, see: www.kennedyspacecenter.com

FYI - If you are here around July 13th to July 31st, you may have an opportunity to see the launch of the space shuttle DISCOVERY.

See: www.ksc.nasa.gov for additional information.

There's also an update posting regarding the launch posted today.

I would avoid the the KSC Visitors Complex on launch day - due to crowds. Plus, you won't be able to get through the guard gate without a pass.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
263 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: kennedy space station best tours

I agree with that. The tour is wonderful. We took our 2 kids 20 years ago and they still mention it from time to time. They don't remember alot about vacations at that young age, but they never forgot that tour. I have been several times since and it never gets boring.