We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Augustine how far from Kissimmee

Cardiff Wales
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
St. Augustine how far from Kissimmee

Hi, could anybody help how far is it from Kissimmee to St. Augustine and is it worth the travel time, or could somebody suggest somewhere nice for a day trip out.

Thanks Simon

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,092 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Augustine how far from Kissimmee

St. Augustine is about 120 or so miles from Kissimmee. You travel up I-4 East to I-95 North for the easiest route.

What draws you to St. Augustine? Are you looking for a beach, historical sites, nature, etc.?

I like day trips to Daytona, Merritt Island and the Canaveral National Seashore, Cocoa Beach, etc.

Cardiff Wales
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Augustine how far from Kissimmee

I'm looking for something a little different from your normal day out something that my parents will enjoy 75, 74.

liverpool
Level Contributor
912 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Augustine how far from Kissimmee

Well you have chosen an excellent place to visit very quaint and olde worlde My best reccommendation would be to ditch the interstate travel to Daytona by the I4 and take the coastal road the A1A it may take a little longer but the views and the stop offs you can make are well worth the effort

Cardiff Wales
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Augustine how far from Kissimmee

Thanks, but whats the travel time, not that I'll be in a rush but I don't want to spend all day driving.

liverpool
Level Contributor
912 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St. Augustine how far from Kissimmee

Going by the route I mentioned I would put aside 3 hours

Florida City...
Level Contributor
876 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St. Augustine how far from Kissimmee

St. Augustine is a wonderful city to visit. Surely you could see the main attractions in a day. I would recommend the highway and you should arrive in about 2 hours, provided that there are no major accidents or construction going on when you travel.

As far as what to do: It's all pretty clustered. However, I would recommend getting the trolley tour. You have the hop on and hop off option at all the main attractions, the trolley comes every 10-15 minutes, and saves you tons of time walking. I would recommend eating at Columbia. The food is outstanding and the ambience is nice.

orlando burb
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: St. Augustine how far from Kissimmee

about 1 hr 45 to 2 hours from the northern burb where i live...depending on what park of kissimme you are in, prolly give yourself about 3 hours to be safe.....depends on wrecks, traffic, day of week, and time of day you would be leaving

Kissimmee Florida
Destination Expert
for Kissimmee
Level Contributor
3,536 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: St. Augustine how far from Kissimmee

SimonCardifWales,

St. Augustine is something of a hike. I would start out early in the morning, ideally before 8:00 AM so you miss the Orlando rush hour. I would also go directly there via I4 and I95 as has been suggested.

On the way back, if you are not too tired, then you drive A1A from there to Daytona and pick up I4 in Daytona for the trip home. I have not made that run in years, but I used to love stopping at the many public beaches along the route.

Also, depending on how tired you are, you might wish to hit the Daytona Speedway as your last stop before coming back to Kissimmee.

CTR

9. Re: St. Augustine how far from Kissimmee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, September 04, 2009