We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday orlando

Wiltshire, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
Holiday orlando

Hi who's been to orlando from the uk

With type 1 diabetes

3 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,086 posts
279 reviews
110 helpful votes
1. Re: Holiday orlando

I am sure one of the Brits on this could help you, insulin is very expensive in the US, so bring extra if you can.

Orlando
Level Contributor
13,393 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
2. Re: Holiday orlando

I think in that situation, you might want to start looking at Villas and have somebody in your party that can drive a rental car. Cooking some of your own meals is going to help.

Some restaurants are pretty good with dietary needs, but eating out for a long period of time is going to send your sugar all over the place.

I would also start to research how you are going to keep your insulin at the correct temperatures while traveling and the pitfalls of getting through airport security.

Yes, insulin is very expensive in the US without insurance.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,086 posts
279 reviews
110 helpful votes
3. Re: Holiday orlando

I am very fortunate and do not have diabetes, but I have heard from some that have and they had to buy some in the US as something happened to theirs and they were very shocked by the price. They said that any time they travel outside of Canada they bring extra supplies of insulin just in case.

Maybe, it is something carried in the Brit's guide and maybe it is something you can ask your insurer about before you leave.

Reply to: Holiday orlando
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted