We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Labor Day Wknd - last minute!

Fond du Lac...
Level Contributor
14,964 posts
212 reviews
396 helpful votes
Labor Day Wknd - last minute!

Hubby did it again and booked us a last minute trip. We fly in late next Fri and stay thru the holiday weekend, flying home on Wednesday. We were waiting to hear if he could take the time off (has his own business) and then I thought we were going to Napa, but alas, we are going to be Disney bound!

This time we plan on a different approach. Normally we stay on property and hit the parks pretty hard. We know it's going to be extra busy with SWGE opening, the Food and Wine at Epcot (I'm a wino) and the holiday weekend in general. I didn't even mention how hot it's going to be. We booked the Waldorf on his points (one benefit of him never being home during the year due to business travelling). The plan is to relax at the hotel, get in some sun and pool time, and hit the parks later in the day. We have no real agenda, it is what it is. I did grab some FP's just to make life easier. We are returning in Nov with another couple, so looking forward to this trip with just the hubby and I.

I guess I don't have a question. We booked this last night and I'm just so excited I had to share!

12 replies to this topic
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
449 posts
63 reviews
97 helpful votes
1. Re: Labor Day Wknd - last minute!

Have a ball. La Luce and Zeta Asia at the next-door Hilton are both very good. We stayed there in April. Also try Padrino's on John Young Parkway just south of the 417 for excellent Cuban food. The new Sebastian's at Caribbean Beach was good, but not worth the price, and typically noisy on-property Disney restaurant.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,077 posts
279 reviews
110 helpful votes
2. Re: Labor Day Wknd - last minute!

Oh I wish I was you! Have fun!

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
21,123 posts
43 reviews
22 helpful votes
3. Re: Labor Day Wknd - last minute!

Magical Dining Month is the best restaurant deal all year and it starts tomorrow, August 23rd. At any one of Orlando’s top restaurants, you can get a 3-course meal for $35. Just Google “Magical Dining Month” for details including menus. 😁😁😁

Fond du Lac...
Level Contributor
14,964 posts
212 reviews
396 helpful votes
4. Re: Labor Day Wknd - last minute!

Oh yum!

Orlando
Level Contributor
13,392 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
5. Re: Labor Day Wknd - last minute!

If it gets too hot, you could plan that trip out to Sonoma County again, stay in Bodega Bay, freeze your a** off, and then realize the heat wasn't that bad LOL.

Fond du Lac...
Level Contributor
14,964 posts
212 reviews
396 helpful votes
6. Re: Labor Day Wknd - last minute!

HAHA surffishFLA - exactly. The heat doesn't bother me at all. Coming from WI, it goes away so quickly. Hubby gets all worked up about it tho. Somehow the cold in Sonoma doesn't sound so bad tho, the wine warms me up!

Poynton, United...
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
50 reviews
77 helpful votes
7. Re: Labor Day Wknd - last minute!

wow have fun

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
21,434 posts
72 reviews
40 helpful votes
8. Re: Labor Day Wknd - last minute!

lucky duck, have your hubby call my hubby lol

Va
Level Contributor
13,038 posts
15 reviews
23 helpful votes
9. Re: Labor Day Wknd - last minute!

Was at the Waldorf yesterday. It is an amazing property. Incredibly spotless and staff that goes out of their way to be friendly. To the point that everyone you walk past will ask if you need anything. Only drawback is the somewhat isolated location away from the attractions and kind of in residential/strip mall kind of area, but considering all that is going on that weekend, it will probably be a nice escape.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
244 posts
136 reviews
72 helpful votes
10. Re: Labor Day Wknd - last minute!

Yay! I recognized your location as I grew up driving past there often to visit family in the Fox Valley. My hubs and I are originally from Wisconsin and now live in Florida, and we're APs. My parents are flying down next Wednesday and we're meeting them at Disney for Labor Day weekend, too -- mainly Food and Wine. :) We love it, they love it, it's a great time!

Enjoy your last-minute Disney vaca!

Edited: 10:45 pm, August 22, 2019
Reply to: Labor Day Wknd - last minute!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted