We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how bad is the mummy ride?

Australia, Darwin
Level Contributor
48 posts
how bad is the mummy ride?

Trying to talk myself into trying this ride. i dont like rollercoasters that go upside down. liked all the rides in disneyland california, is it similar to any of those rides? does this ride have any sudden drops. What do you think? Should I give it a try, dont know if I will ever get back there.

Any help would be great

1. Re: how bad is the mummy ride?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:01 am, June 20, 2007
Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
843 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: how bad is the mummy ride?

Its an ok ride.

As said before the special effects were a bigger part of the ride than the ride itself. Doesnt go upside down but does go backwards. Not that scarry apart from the queue to get on it!

Go on, give it a go!!!!!!

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: how bad is the mummy ride?

Haunter, We were disappointed with this ride - the best bit is the queue!! I think it's all hype and doesn't deliver. However, I would recommend you try everything - even if you have to force yourself, you don't want to return home regretting that you didn't have a go.

The worst 'white knuckle' rides are at IOA and Busch Gardens, they put the Mummy into the shade. The Hulk and Sheikra being two of the worst plus Kraken at Seaworld. Most of the rides at Universal and Disney are more family orientated.

staffordshire,UK
Level Contributor
899 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: how bad is the mummy ride?

Haunter -

The Mummy is one of the best rides in all of the Orlando theme parks.

Short, but fast and full of great thrills and special effects, it also has a cohesive 'storyline' to it.

How anybody can call this one weak or poor is beyond me. But, I guess it could be that we've always stayed at a Universal hotel when doing their parks, thus entitling us to Front-of-Line access.We do it over and over again!

IMO no ride will get a good review if you've queued a long time for it.

5. Re: how bad is the mummy ride?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

edinburgh, scotland
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: how bad is the mummy ride?

my wife is not a lover of rollercoasters but she loves this 1. it's not a rollercoaster like Kraken or Hulk special effects are amazing. not to be missed

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: how bad is the mummy ride?

Hi

I think the "thrill" from this ride is from the special effects, if you go on it expecting a white knuckle ride you would be dissapointed, but it certainly is worth going on to see the effects.

Ste.

8. Re: how bad is the mummy ride?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
11 reviews
9. Re: how bad is the mummy ride?

My fave ride in Orlando, Does go fast but not upside down some of my family hate rollercoasters and they were fine on this. Much prefare to go to Universal and IOA than Disney any day

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
9 reviews
10. Re: how bad is the mummy ride?

Hey

Is this the return of the Foxylady again?