We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UKdiva - another non-driver - Please HELP!

Derbyshire. UK
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Topic
UKdiva - another non-driver - Please HELP!

You seem to be the expert on non-driving options so thought I'd appeal to you directly! (Hope you don't mind)

I've seen your reply to a previous thread recommending Lynx 50 bus service to get from I-Drive to the Disney Transportation Centre.

I will be staying at the Holiday Inn International Drive Resort. Could you tell me if this bus service stops within walking distance of my hotel (if not, what connection do I need?). Also, how frequent are the Lynx buses and how much do they cost? What time do they start in the mornings and what is the last bus at night?

I hope you can help, I've tried researching the info myself from the Lynx website as a previous poster suggested but without exact addresses and with no prior knowledge of the system it got too complicated for me. Thanks in anticipation!

London, England
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: UKdiva - another non-driver - Please HELP!

sonny - I don't mind, always will to help out with non driving options!

The Lynx #50 stops by Seaworld, so you would need to catch either the I ride trolley or the Lynx #8 from I Drive up to Seaworld and then get the #50 from there. The Lynx #50 is every 30 mins and starts quite early, the first one from Seaworld is at 6:39am, and then they are at 9 mins and 39 mins past the hour, coming back from Disney Transportation Centre they are 18 mins and 48 mins past the hour. The last one back from Disney is at 10:18pm. The journey time is approx 20 minutes. If you go to http://www.golynx.com and check out the schedule for the number 8, you can see what time the connection would be to take you back to I Drive, look at the times the bus is getting to I Drive/Westwood Blvd. I think the last I Ride trolley is around 10:30 - 11pm, so if you are going to catch the last Lynx #50 from Disney, you might miss that, but the Lynx #8 runs until around 1:50am. The last time i was over the cost was $1.25, but i think it's gone up to $1.50 now, that also includes a free transfer, so if you get the #8 and then the #50 or vice versa, it'll only cost $1.50 for both each way.

You can also use the Lynx to get to places like Florida Mall, Premium Outlets, Belz, Downtown Orlando, the Airport etc, so if you are going to use it frequently, i'd suggest getting a weekly pass which is around $10-$12. You can pick up leaflets for their more popular services from the Official Vistors Centre near to the Mercado Centre on I Drive!

Hope this info helps! I should go work for Lynx, i'm always singing their praises! *lol*

Derbyshire. UK
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: UKdiva - another non-driver - Please HELP!

Thanks UKdiva - you're a life saver! I'm going to print out your reply and take it with me. Lol :-)

nr stansted airport...
Level Contributor
164 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: UKdiva - another non-driver - Please HELP!

so will i !!! we`ll be staying at the best western i-drive in june (8 weeks time ) if we did miss the last bus`s any idea how much a taxi would be from wdw area and is there cabs for 5 people , thanks

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
977 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: UKdiva - another non-driver - Please HELP!

Yes-Go onto www.mearstransportation.com

Click on services and use the Taxi Calculator to get an idea of the fare.

Make note of the Cab No too.

London, England
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: UKdiva - another non-driver - Please HELP!

Everytime i've gotta a cab from downtown Disney to I Drive or vice versa, it's cost at least $30 plus tip, but between five of you, that's nothing really! Just make sure you tell them that there's five of you if you call up, although most cabs i've come across in Orlando will take five anyway.

nr stansted airport...
Level Contributor
164 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: UKdiva - another non-driver - Please HELP!

thanks everyone although $30 seems dear compared to buses i guess if we`re stuck ...

Yorkshire England
Level Contributor
311 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: UKdiva - another non-driver - Please HELP!

Hope this works

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34515-i19-k11019-…

try this link if it works for a link about another comapny that seems quite chep called manitaur

London, England
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: UKdiva - another non-driver - Please HELP!

Forgot to add, if you want the free transfer on the Lynx, be sure to ask for it when you get on and pay. If you don't have the weekly/daily pass, be sure to have plenty of 1 dollar bills and quarters for the buses and I ride trolleys, they don't give change!

Preston UK
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: UKdiva - another non-driver - Please HELP!

UKdiva - I noticed you mentioned before that the Lynx services Downtown Disney to 1.50am. I dont suppose you know if this bus services Universal Studios from here?

As ill be going following your advice - leave in 2days - come on!

Flip

London, England
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: UKdiva - another non-driver - Please HELP!

Flip - the last Lynx #50 from the Disney Transportation Centre by Magic Kingdom is at 10:18pm. Not sure what time the last Disney free transfer from Downtown Disney would be though. If you are going to be in Downtown Disney until closing time at 2am, you have no option but to get a cab back to the hotel!

I believe from Universal Studios you can get the Lynx #21, back to near to I Drive, if i remember correctly, it stops on Sandlake Road, just opposite the MacDonalds. The last one from Universal on a weekday is 1:02am, the last one on a Sat is 10:02pm, the last one on a Sun is 8:05pm. Go here for a full schedule for Lynx #21: http://www.golynx.com/schedule.cfm?route=21