We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park hopping with little kids

MA
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Park hopping with little kids

I'm going with my 3.5 yo and 20 mo. How have families managed with little kids? Did they handle full days at the parks? Think we could park hop once or twice without them completely flipping out? We'll be going for 6 days- 1 day visiting friends, 2 days SeaWorld (possibly 1/2 days so we can hit Downtown Disney or just relax), and 3 days WDW. I just can't decide if we should axe one of the SeaWorld days (though it's free!) and switch to 4 days WDW. I've never been to WDW with kids and I'm just nervous that we're going to over-schedule our WDW days. I just want to make sure we can get to Epcot for one evening for Soarin', Mission Space and the lightshow. Also, I keep saying that Animal Kingdom/Epcot can be one day but DH disagrees and says MGM/Epcot.

Cheyenne

Winter Garden...
Level Contributor
612 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Park hopping with little kids

the children at that age will enjoy animal kingdom. you can probably do that in half day. Take time in between hopping for naps and everything will be ok.

you do not need seaworld 2 days

you definitely want disney.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,879 posts
398 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park hopping with little kids

Whatever you do please keep those kids hydrated and take some snacks like Goldfish crackers, trail mix and vanilla wafers for them to nibble on while you're in line waiting. We always stayed in the parks till close to park closing and just found a quiet, shady spot for ours to nap in the stroller. While the little ones napped we took turns doing some things in the park that the kids couldn't do. Just be sure not to push them too hard and that they get a good nights sleep. 1 day at Sea World will be enough and 2 days at Magic Kingdom will be plenty depending on crowds. Animal Kingdom is 1/2 day. MGM for the little ones would be 1/2 day but there's plenty for the adults for almost a full day. Epcot can be 1/2 day if you skip World Showcase otherwise you'll need a full day.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park hopping with little kids

I just returned with my 3 and 5 year old. We found Disney (The Magic Kingdom) to be their favorite place. Their favorite thing to do because it was their first time was find the characters and have their picture taken with them.

We also did a character lunch with Pooh,Piglet,Eeyore and Tigger and we had a character breakfast at the Polynesian one morning.

As for Seaworld, if it's free for you one day ought to do it. Disney will definetly win with the kids.

We would go to the park in the morning and then have lunch and a nap back at the hotel. Then we would either return to the park or sit by the pool.We just went with the flow and didn't try to over schedule because you just can't do that with toddlers.

If you have to choose between Epcot/Animal Kingdom and MGM I would suggest Animal Kingdom one day and Epcot one evening-The living Seas is a must for your 3.5 yr.old- .

I was not at all impressed with MGM for young children except for Playhouse Disney. Check the schedule for playhouse disney as it does not perform everyday,at least not the day we chose to go there :(

Good luck!

MA
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Park hopping with little kids

Thanks everyone!

They'll definitely stay hydrated considering they drink 40-50oz/day even in winter! :)

No you all got me thinking that maybe SeaWorld should just be 1 day. Hmmm..... Tips on MGM were good. Yeah, I guess there's not much for the kids. Tower, Aerosmith for us. Little Mermaid, Playhouse Disney for them. I think there was a couple other good-sounding attractions otherwise, yeah sounds like a 1/2 day.

How are the play areas at the parks? Like I know there's a boneyard at Animal Kingdom and a Honey I Shrunk the Kids and Donald's boat at Magic Kingdom. Were you able to relax there and the kids re-charge or whatever they do, running around expending energy! lol. Any other good, "mommy/daddy veg- kids run around" areas?

Cheyenne

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
977 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Park hopping with little kids

Hello from the UK.

Park Hopping with 2 babes-You're very brave! I wish you luck.

So much to see at one park-I can't see why people would ever need to Park Hop on the same day.

I would buy a 3 day 'Base' ticket from www.ticketmomma.com and ahve them delivered by Fed Ex to your day.

I just had delivered 5 X 6day Base tickets to me in the UK: $200.00 each-Great saving for me living in the UK.

Your tickets will be a lot cheaper.

When you get to the Disney Park of your choice, that day hire yourself a double baby Stroller in which to push your babes around. around $8-$15 for the day.

My wife threathened to stick me in one the last time we went as I had a tendency to wander off and leave her several paces behind me.

Best of luck.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Park hopping with little kids

I think the option where yoiu get water parks is more valuable than park hopping, one park a day is plenty.