We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shortest route from ohio?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Springfield, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
shortest route from ohio?

i know there is a shorter route going through virginia , and the carolinas, but i cant seem to figure it out. im not good at maps. i mapquested it a while ago and found a way to get to orlando in 12 hours instead of 15, but now i cant figure out how i did it???

any help?

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: shortest route from ohio?

From what city in Ohio?

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shortest route from ohio?

Take I 75 south to the Florida turnpike. Definitely more that 12 hours! More like 15-20 depending on where you start.

Springfield, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shortest route from ohio?

springfield its by dayton...

but i had a route through the other way that i mentioned that is only 12 hours. was given to me from a truck driver that used that route but i dont see them any more...

was hopeing someone new the other way.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shortest route from ohio?

A truck driver that made it in 12 hours was going at least 90 mph the whole way!

Springfield, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shortest route from ohio?

lol...well they used this route in a car also. they just knew of the route because they used it while truck driving. of course it took longer in the truck

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: shortest route from ohio?

Using Microsoft's Streets & Trips, from Springfield, OH to Orlando, FL is 980 miles and would take 15 hours with a 15 minute stop every 4 hours. The route is essentially I-75 all the way until you get to Wildwood, FL when it changes to the Turnpike.

I'll see what route goes through Virginia.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: shortest route from ohio?

Using the same criteria, any route through VA and the Carolinas is longer (about 1050 miles) and at least 17 hours.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: shortest route from ohio?

If you do that trip in 12 hours, let us know how many speeding tickets you got. LOL.

pa
Level Contributor
53,893 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: shortest route from ohio?

jsg96, from my corner of PA it's about 1,028 miles. 16 hour drive without stopping. It took my friends 18 hours with 5 stops. The bulk of the drive is on 95 thru NC, SC, GA & FL about 660 miles.

Try the Mapquest site again and put in your address and as a destination put in walt disney world resort, 7100 municipal drive, orlando, fl.

Northeast PA
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: shortest route from ohio?

980 miles in 12 hours is doable, it's only 82 MPH. If you leave at 9 PM at night and drive all night on a mostly empty roadway you could do it. Your'll never do it in the daytime when the roads have more cars on them