We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do you have yours (vacation)?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, England
Level Contributor
285 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How do you have yours (vacation)?

I have been to orlando 6 times, and will be returning at the end of May with my wife and 7 and 3 year old boys. Each time we have been, we have gone to theme parks for 1 whole day and then had a rest day around the pool at the hotel, then back to a park the day after that. After reading of people that go to parks for 1/2 days and 3/4 days and then return to their hotels to cool off before going back to the parks in the evening, it is making me think that that might be a better way to experience orlando.

So........... How do you plan your vacation? do you think that going to the parks little and often is better? Why?

I might have a serious rethink about how we plan because the kids do get a bit tetchy after being in the parks from 10.00 Am until 10.00 Pm!!!!

Any replies welcome!!

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
977 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: How do you have yours (vacation)?

Hi

I have only been once before and am going back this August.

Having been 6 times already-I should really be asking you for your advice.

However, I would be inclined to get to the parks around 11:00, book a table at say the Crystal Palace for around 5pm, by going to the restaurant at about 12:00 and asking to reserve a table in your name, and after your character dining experience with Pooh Bear, Piglet and Eyeore, head back to your hotel to relax.

Park Hop with a 7 and 3 year old?-Don't tempt fate!

Regards

London, England
Level Contributor
285 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: How do you have yours (vacation)?

Thanks for all your replies.

I think we've decided to do full days at the parks, and maybe 2 or 3 hours or so on our 'rest days' will also be spent at the parks if the kids are getting bored.

I must admit that I am looking forward to this holiday more than the kids. I only hope I don't give them organisation overload between now and our departure date!!

Thanks again!!

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: How do you have yours (vacation)?

We are the ultimate hoppers, first we always get a car because the busses take too long. We usually start out a park where we will fast pass a popular ride and standby another ride. Usally after that we go to a water park, after that we go back to the hotel for r and r. We always reserve a place for dinner at another park where we end the night. We like to be at the park at closing when the lines are the shortest. If it is an early closing park we might hit pleasure island. We do not like to wait in lines or be at the parks mid day when it is hot. Would not recommend this for anyone else but we like it.