We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando Traditions...

Wales
Level Contributor
919 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Orlando Traditions...

Hi everyone,

As this is only my second visit, we havent got any traditions (YET!) but seeing as we've become Orlando addicts, I'm sure we are going to develop some. Just wondered what other peoples were?

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,947 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando Traditions...

To return often and visit off the track areas.

Northeast PA
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando Traditions...

To never stay on Disney property

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando Traditions...

To always stay on Disney property.

glasgow, scotland
Level Contributor
254 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando Traditions...

I take a picture of my kids and hubby at the fountain at DTD, we have been doing this for 10 years its great to see how the kids have grown not so good tosee how hubby still has most of the same clothes though.

The kids haven't been the last 2 years so I just took the picture of hubby, hopefully we will be able to have ones with kids and grandkids in the future

We also eat in Carrabas last nice and TGI Fidays before leaving for the airport. We even have the same things to eat sad I know.

Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for St. Pete Beach
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
538 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando Traditions...

To visit places outside Orlando.

Wales
Level Contributor
919 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orlando Traditions...

Agree with return often....already started planning our 2008 trip before we've been on our trip this year.....much to the worry of my bank balance!!!!! It's worth it though:)

Anymore?

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Orlando Traditions...

We started this last time - to collect butterflies from the Katonga show after they fall from the ceiling.

We'll be making a scrapbook too this trip - as we're going for longest time ever (3 weeks).

Oh, one tradition that we ALWAYS do is to play "101 things..." with a pool noodle!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Orlando Traditions...

One of my big traditions that I've had since I was a kid was watch the sunset over one of the lakes while drinking a big glass of orange juice. It used to always have to be Spring Lake or Big Sand Lake near International Dr. and Sand Lake Rd. or the Seven Seas Lagoon at WDW, but I find that Lake Eola downtown and Lake Tohopekaliga in Kissimmee are my current favourites. It's a strange little ritual but it's made for some beautiful and indelible memories.

Also, I have to buy a button or badge from one of the vendors if we visit Oldtown. And a donner kebab. :)

9. Re: Orlando Traditions...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 16, 2009