We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from port canaveral to the airport

Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
transportation from port canaveral to the airport

does anyone know what kind of transportation is available from port canaveral to the airport. We are spending a few days in Orlando first and have rented a car and I'm wondering if it would be better to drop the car off before our cruise and take something else back to the airport. This way I wouldn't have to pay for extra days or parking fees. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,871 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation from port canaveral to the airport

We took a cruise in February and did just what you are thinking. We picked up our car from Budget at the Orlando airport and dropped it off in Cape Canaveal. They had a free shuttle, less than a mile from Budget to the port.

We ended up not reserving anything for the return. We just walked out of the cruise terminal and purchased a ride in a shared van from Art's Transportation, 1-800-567-5099 or

321-783-2112, www.artsshuttle.com. They appeared to be very orgainzed keeping track of things by cell phone. I don't know if we just got lucky and could have had a problem getting to the airport for our flight, but it worked out perfectly.

We had 2 adults and 2 kids. It would have been cheaper to rent a car for the return to the airport, but we did not know in advance and it was Daytona 500 race weekend, so there were no rental cars to be found.

Just read your post again. I would turn the car in and rent for the return. I would not pay the daily rental fee plus parking at the port while you are at sea. Budget had a shuttle waiting to pick people up at the port and take them to the rental pick up location.