We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pandora at Animal Kingdom

Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Pandora at Animal Kingdom

Hello,

We are a young family from Belgium that are visiting AK on October 3rd with two young girls, 4 and 2 of age. Could anyone tell me what would be the best attractions on Pandora to visit with our youngsters? Are there any rides they would be allowed on, or where a child swap is easy?

I don't think we will be doing much rides, as we will be walking with the kids and enjoy the atmosphere, but I guess Pandora might be the exception we would like to experience if we would get the chance :-).

Thanks!

Regards,

Dimitri

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
510 Reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: Icon Orlando...
21 Reviews
from $51.99*
$87.87
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
155 Reviews
from $118.99*
18 replies to this topic
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
43,575 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pandora at Animal Kingdom

They won't meet the height requirement for FOP, so take them on Na'vi River Journey boat ride; the only Pandora attraction they will be large enough to go on.

Lokeren, Belgium
Level Contributor
176 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pandora at Animal Kingdom

OK thanks a lot. Which other attractions would you recommend to assing our FP+ to?

Lokeren, Belgium
Level Contributor
176 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pandora at Animal Kingdom

PS: Seems I logged in with my wife's account for the inital post by accident :-)

Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pandora at Animal Kingdom

Outside of Pandora I would FP kilamajaro safari. The kids love it.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pandora at Animal Kingdom

Finding Nemo and the Lion King, are really good performances. I would get a fast pass for Finding Nemo because of the age of your kids, but you will not need fastpasses for the Lion King. Na,vi River Ride will be good for their ages and I would fastpass that.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pandora at Animal Kingdom

Honestly, with younger kids you’d be better going to Magic Kingdom, that park is designed with young people in mind and most of the rides, they SHOULD be able to ride. However, Animal Kingdom is more catered to older kids, with all the animal based attractions, unless you are already going to the other parks. I mean, the Pandora area is really small so there is only two attractions...

Mid-Atlantic
Level Contributor
345 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pandora at Animal Kingdom

Here is a guideline for the height requirements of Disney Rides/attractions. It is helpful.

https:/…

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
9,515 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pandora at Animal Kingdom

Ditto the above comments. NaVi and the Safari are both great. The shows (Nemo, Lion King & Bugs' Life) are all great too. And the Kali River Ride is fun too - tho be prepared to get wet. There are also several great walking trails, where you can view various animals.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
9,567 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pandora at Animal Kingdom

FastPasses for shows are a complete waste in my opinion. You will get in on Stand By, the theaters are huge.

I would FP Navi, Safari, and Adventurer's Outpost (one of the few places in WDW where you can get a photo with Minnie and Mickey TOGETHER).

You can do rider switch for FOP, but with the new digital system testing, the reports I have read is that it is anything but easy while they work out the kinks.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
43,575 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pandora at Animal Kingdom

While neither has FP+ for it, don't forget to leave time for TriceraTop Spin and riding the train over to Conservation Station; the kids will love both these attractions.

Reply to: Pandora at Animal Kingdom
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted