We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WDW room not available

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,429 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
WDW room not available

Just want to share my recent experience in case someone else is having the same issue. Our original booking was at POP for October 12-19. I hadn’t booked flights yet but the 11th was coming up $300 cheaper so I kept checking the WDW site to see if a room was available and called with no luck they only had pool view rooms left which our booking was a standard room we’d have to change our entire stay or book a pool view for one night then move (suggested by phone). So yesterday I got the idea to search 11-19 and sure enough they had rooms had to book a whole new reservation and cancel my old one but I ended up saving $100 to go a day early. So don’t trust the site or the staff you just need to try a little magic,

9 replies to this topic
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,823 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WDW room not available

Someone must have cancelled somewhere, I would guess.

I currently have three bookings at Pop between late October and mid November simply because we didn't know when we'd be coming and I know how hard it is to get rooms there. Two of these will eventually be cancelled, but probably not until the last possible minute (situation for the trip is somewhat uncertain due to family illness and the caretaker who's going).

aurora, co
Level Contributor
5,294 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WDW room not available

Disney staff is friendly but they aren't there to save you money. If you think you qualify for a discount, military for instance, you must specifically ask for that discount. They aren't going to going to volunteer any discount info.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,823 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WDW room not available

I may be wrong, but I think the o.p. meant they saved $100 on the airfare by booking to come a day earlier than originally planned, not saving on the WDW resort hotel.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,429 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WDW room not available

Yes I saved the money by flying in a day early making the room basically free vrs paying the Friday airfare. I don't believe anyone cancelled a room just that the system would not sell me one day as I had just looked seconds before for 1 night then searched for the block with success. And its doing the same thing today. Just wanted people to know just because it says they are booked up doesn't mean they are might need to switch things up to get what you need.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
5,147 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WDW room not available

Should they go through all the discounts and ask people if they qualify for each one? Of course not.

They aren't travel agents. It's the customer's job to do their own research prior to booking or work with an agent that will do it for you.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,589 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: WDW room not available

Oh yes, we discovered this also. Trying to book a 2 or 3 night stay, no availability, but more nights and all was good - for example. I don't think Disney likes to do 1 or 2 nights, or that's my guess. Glad it worked out!

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,429 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: WDW room not available

exactly so I guess if you want one or two nights, best to book a block til its available and then cancel a portion

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
406 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: WDW room not available

Oh great!! Im flying back a day later than originally thought as the flight was MUCH cheaper, When i've looked at the All stars Music for an extra night it doesnt show available. Hopefully if i phone them they can actually do it then? Yippee!!

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,429 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: WDW room not available

When I phoned I had no luck as they only searched for the 1 night by its self. I had to search for a whole new vacation 11-19 in order to get the extra night you will most likely need to do the same thing and then I cancelled my old vacation. It wouldn't work trying to modify my existing reservation either.

Reply to: WDW room not available
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted