We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4th of July

Crossmaglen, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
4th of July

Staying in universals cabana bay for 2 weeks and just realised we’ll be there for the 4th of July celebrations. 2 families of 5 with kids ranging from 5 to 13. Any recommendations on the best way to spend Independence Day?

6 replies to this topic
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,826 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4th of July

Zoning restrictions prevent fireworks at Universal, even on holidays I believe, so you'll have to go "off property" to see any fireworks displays.

Lake Eola is very popular for that, but can also be very crowded.

Disney parks, except for AK, have fireworks for the 4th as well.

Mentioned in this post
Lake Eola Park
Lake Eola Park
1,609 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
321 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4th of July

Parks will be packed, so might want to consider making a non park day unless you don’t care about crowds. For fireworks go anywhere in Disney other than AK. Does SeaWorld do fireworks for holidays?

Edited: 6:03 pm, June 06, 2018
Mentioned in this post
SeaWorld Orlando
SeaWorld Orlando
29,652 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,826 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4th of July

SeaWorld has had 4th of July fireworks in past years, but I don't see anything on their website about this year just yet.

Mentioned in this post
SeaWorld Orlando
SeaWorld Orlando
29,652 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
8,932 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4th of July

I'm always in favor of non-US folk getting to experience a "real" Fourth of July over going to one of the parks. Lake Eola or Celebration would be my recommendations.

Disney will be crowded. If you weren't planning on Disney and don't have tickets, I wouldn't even bother trying to see any of the Fireworks from outside the parks. Reservations are probably already gone for any of the non-park restaurants with a view. You would need to stake out hours in advance to try for the free viewing spots from the hotels as well. Last December the 4th floor viewing at the Contemporary was almost at capacity a full hour before the fireworks and it wasn't even during the Holidays yet.

If you do have Disney tickets. Epcot would get my vote since it has the special events at the American Adventure and also handles crowds the best given the park's size.

Mentioned in this post
Lake Eola Park
Lake Eola Park
1,609 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Epcot
Epcot
24,932 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Sorrento, FL
Level Contributor
398 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4th of July

If you want to get away from the crowds (relatively speaking), several nearby small towns have great holiday activities and fireworks. Celebration is one; Winter Garden is another. Lake Eola is in downtown Orlando so possibly will be more crowded. Eustis and Tavares are good but farther away. Always double check schedules, as the day of the week may affect things.

Mentioned in this post
Lake Eola Park
Lake Eola Park
1,609 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Downtown Orlando
Downtown Orlando
742 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4th of July

We where there 2 years ago and drove to celebration which is lovely.

It was busy but the fireworks where brilliantly done and was more real I’d say than a Disney Park.

Get there early though as it’s busy but it’s a lovely place to have a noisy around.

Was where they filmed the Truman Show

Reply to: 4th of July
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;