We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Animal Kingdoms Everest --What's it like?

plymouth...
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Topic
Animal Kingdoms Everest --What's it like?

Hi

We are going to Disney in October. I have gone on the Rockin Roller coaster a few times, I liked it, but i went on space mountain and thought i would die! I felt as though you wern't secure enough in the car. I do have a fear of heights, but if it's not outside, more darker & more gradual climb I'm not too bad. For instance Splash mountain I was fine, at universal Juastic Park, the end was quick and your inside mostly.

So I was wondering about Everest. Is it very fast, are you mostly inside the mountain, I understand it goes backwards for a while. I am in my early 50's, my other half loves everything so I try to go with him on as much as I can. I'd appreciate any comments on this ride.

Thanks all!!

Cheshire
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Animal Kingdoms Everest --What's it like?

I'm 53 and Thunder Mountain Railroad was the peak of my rollercoaster experience. Went on Everest last week and should have known better!. Though I felt safe enough in the car, I was thoroughly disorientated by the whole process - backwards, darkness, nausea. Next time I want this kind of experience I'll climb in the tumble drier!

Incidentally, my better half and "kids" in their twenties declared it awesome!

If you say so.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Animal Kingdoms Everest --What's it like?

I didn't think it was that fast, of course I Love roller coasters! The backwards part is in the dark. If you want to know about the rides, go the the youtube website and you can see videos from all of the rides.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,560 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Animal Kingdoms Everest --What's it like?

Big Thunder Mountain railroad on steriods.

Gillett, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
374 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Animal Kingdoms Everest --What's it like?

We loved it. We also took my 10 year old nephew on it, who would no way go on Rockin Roller Coaster...HE LOVED IT!!

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
572 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Animal Kingdoms Everest --What's it like?

its an excellent ride! and well worth it

if you can handle rock n roller coaster i would say this is tamer!

Its all about the story as usual with Disney and it does not disappoint although it was over all too quickly for me!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,582 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Animal Kingdoms Everest --What's it like?

I was just on it for the first time yesterday. LOVE IT!!!

I have an awful fear of heights but LOVE roller coasters (go figure).

At first I was a bit scared because it seems like it is going up real high. Really, it's a lot of fun and the drop is not much at all. I think that if you can handle Rocking Roller coster, then you should be fine on Expedition. As others have stated, with Disney, it's all about the experience, and this ride does not dissappoint.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
717 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Animal Kingdoms Everest --What's it like?

Expedition Everest is an absolute blast, you'll love it! Our 5 year old went on it (he is big for his age) and was scared by the Yeti's shadow but was unfazed by the ride itself.

You hit a dead end on the track where the Yeti has ripped it up (the track is all twisted ahead of you), which means the ride then falls backwards into the mountain itself with the Yeti roaring away with his shadow on the cave walls.

It's a very mellow ride compared to most of the other big rides in Orlando, so you won't be troubled by it.

plymouth...
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Animal Kingdoms Everest --What's it like?

Thanks to everyone. I guess I'll be brave!!!!

co. durham
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Animal Kingdoms Everest --What's it like?

i like u didt feel save on space mountain but went on everest with 9 year old he didt ike yeti at end but ride it self great if u going 2 uni hulk ride very fast

massachusetts
Level Contributor
895 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Animal Kingdoms Everest --What's it like?

go to : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AADnU7mirtc