We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels on International Drive...help!!!!

Manchester
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotels on International Drive...help!!!!

My girlfriend and I are planning to go to Florida mid June. We're planning to stay on International Drive however are pretty confused about getting a good hotel!

We weren't planning to drive, as we're both under 25 and have been told we'll have to pay more for insurance etc owing to this. We've been told some hotels offer free transfers to some of the major parks, so would like to stay at one of these.

Can anyone recommend one that's clean, safe and on I-Drive?

Any other advice/suggestions would be appreciated!!!!

Someone has suggested the Comfort Inn Universal Studios Area - can anyone comment on this place?

stevenage herts
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels on International Drive...help!!!!

only stayed at 2 hotels on idrive

1st being quality inn plaza, at quieter end of idrive but near resturants supermarkets and shopping mall across road, this hotel is a basic one but is friendly and clean we have stayed there 2 times and would not hesitate staying there again but as its room only and we travel in large group we find it a little cramped for us all, the hotel has laundrett, mini market, gift shop, swimming pools, you have walgreens open 24hrs across road, the iride shuttle can take you to seaworld and universal at 75c a time and the stop is just outside the hotel, you can also get shuttle bus that the hotel provised to these parks but we found it better and more convient using the iride trolley, also you can get the iride to seaworld and join onto the lynx 50 bus to disney or the hotel offers shuttle to this but at a charge, the other hotel is the enclave suites, staff are bah humbug but not on holiday with them the rooms are clean and they have studio apartments or 2 bed apts, on same kind of basis with the transport to the parks as qip. across the road from enclave you have supermarkets and postoffice also you have lots more resturants to choose from but thats because you are at the busier end of idrive...... other than that if you need anymore help just ask away

good luck enjoy planning your hols

chelly1

Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for St. Pete Beach
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels on International Drive...help!!!!

Or you could try the Best Western Plaza International which has shuttle buses to the parks, the I-Ride Trolley stops outside, lots of great places to eat within walking distance and clean, safe, big rooms, not expensive.

In the nicer part of I-Drive too in my opinion, I prefer this end to the Universal/Wet'n'Wild end as it tends to be quieter but each to their own.

Wales
Level Contributor
919 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels on International Drive...help!!!!

Hi matt

Last year we went without car hire and stayed on idrive. I just wanted to let you know that getting around using the iride, hotel shuttles and lynx buses is great. Many people can be quite negative on here with regards to the public transport system in orlando, but i truly believe most of them have no experience of it.

Our hotel last year didnt have a shuttle service so i wont recommend it. I would say the southern end of idrive is nicer ( near seaworld)

Any questions on getting around without a car please ask.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
642 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels on International Drive...help!!!!

We have just returned we stayed at International Plaza Spa on International Drive South end which is the quieter end. I had read mixed reviews on hotel but found it comfortable and clean. Rooms were basic but fine and hotel has very nice pools and facilities. We used I ride and Lynx and taxi and found it no problem getting around. We went to Busch Gardens on their bus service from Sea World its free with 5 park flexi ticket or 10 dollar round trip. If your going to Universal you can get I ride to wet and wild and then its about 10min walk. We had free shuttle from hotel to Disney but as my son is 13 and we have been before we didn't go this time.

Hope this helps

Frances

West Mids UK
Level Contributor
208 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels on International Drive...help!!!!

Hi Matt

I was there for the 3rd time during the first 3wks of Jan and this time opted for the Best Western Movieland opp Wet n Wild - found it clean and conveniently located as you are only 15mins walk from Universal/Islands of Adventure - there is an i-ride stop outside which will take you to Seaworld for a buck - thats 3 places sorted without needing a shuttle my friend! - Think they offer the service to Disney etc however it is not for nothing, but what you lose on the swings etc....

Just a suggestion - there will be plenty of those on this forum! Wherever you stay you will have a fab time im sure!

All The Best

united kingdom
Level Contributor
238 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels on International Drive...help!!!!

the Quality Inn Plasa on ID is good. we stayed there in 2005. it had everything that you needed and the staff were nice. the location is also good. it's more towards the seaworld end and the area is nice.

wendy27a

england
Level Contributor
435 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels on International Drive...help!!!!

Hi - My partner and I have been to International Drive twice, we prefer not to drive as it means paying money for insurance and stuff, and as Americas transport systems are so well organised and cheap if you stay on I-Drive its easy getting around places. I'd recommend the Rodeway Inn International right opposite Wet N Wild, we went a couple of months back and it was great, its clean, safe, massive rooms, everything you need, theres a pool too for cooling down in the evenings! Shops and restaurants all around it, good for going out at night. The I-Ride which is the transport system has a stop right outside the hotel - this takes you up and down the whole strip - use that to go down to Seaworld and the shopping malls. Get a pass which lasts two weeks for next to nothing, when we'd finished at a park for the day - we'd hop on the bus and go down to Seaworld to see the last Shamu show of the day! There is transport from the Rodeway Inn to all the parks and we walked to Universal Studios one day as its quite close.

We booked with First Choice about two weeks before we went and had a great time. Make sure you go for the Rodeway Inn International - I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone. You can read my review of it posted under the hotels name.

8. Re: Hotels on International Drive...help!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, August 30, 2009