We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What Crowd Calendar do you use?

Level Contributor
52 posts
What Crowd Calendar do you use?

Hi

Wondering what crowd calendar people go with?

I have been looking at 4 different ones, The Dibb, Kenny the pirate, Undercover tourist and Touring Plans. For the most part, they all say something different! For example one will say a epcot on a Monday is good, the other will say it's a bad day...

So now I'm totally confused and unsure of which one is the best to follow.

Does anyone else use crowd calendars? Would love to know what others think/use

TIA

30 replies to this topic
Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
20,057 posts
61 reviews
77 helpful votes
1. Re: What Crowd Calendar do you use?

I wouldn't follow one. If you think about it, if a calendar says Monday at MK is a quiet day, everyone will go and then it won't be a quiet day at all?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
5,711 posts
14 reviews
25 helpful votes
2. Re: What Crowd Calendar do you use?

They all say something different because they aren't based on any data. None of the parks release attendance numbers of any kind. They are simply guesses based on time of year, holidays and special events.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
20,686 posts
70 reviews
39 helpful votes
3. Re: What Crowd Calendar do you use?

Just use common sense, if you're going when kids are off school (for summer vacation, Easter, Christmas, etc.), it's going to be crowded everywhere. Agree with Tenni, they are just guess, that's why they contradict each other. Many people come back and say the crowd calendars were wrong. And if you did go to the recommended park and it didn't seem that busy, how would you know if the others were busy? lol

Morecambe, United...
Level Contributor
15,464 posts
132 reviews
101 helpful votes
4. Re: What Crowd Calendar do you use?

None..

By definition they're a waste of time..

If one said "Tuesdays are by far the quietest days in MK" folks using them would then go to MK on a Tuesday, making it extra busy..

Unless they double bluff & go to AK instead;-);-)...lol...

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,193 posts
39 reviews
42 helpful votes
5. Re: What Crowd Calendar do you use?

If staying off site it's not normally recommended to go to a park that has early entry that morning. I like easywdw for crowd calendars.

Basildon, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
20 reviews
11 helpful votes
6. Re: What Crowd Calendar do you use?

I’d just avoid or use extra magic hours depending on whether staying on or off site. The best plan to avoid queuing as much as possible is always to arrive before a park opens, as early as you can!

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
7,296 posts
76 reviews
114 helpful votes
7. Re: What Crowd Calendar do you use?

I agree that the calendars are not always dependable but at least one site is a bit more than a simple guess and uses a scientific approach to gathering and computing their data. Their scientific approach has even garnered them an article in Popular Science magazine.

https:/…touring-plan-app-disney-lines

Edited: 3:09 pm, April 12, 2018
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
5,711 posts
14 reviews
25 helpful votes
8. Re: What Crowd Calendar do you use?

Touring Plans may factor in other things when making predictions, but it still isn't based on actual crowd data. They can look at unemployment, school calendars and the visitors Bureau and anything else they want to but it's still a guess on how busy a specific park will be on any given day.

Boston...
Level Contributor
720 posts
9. Re: What Crowd Calendar do you use?

Our first and only trip was end of June, and most crowd calendars would say that time is extremely busy. We didn’t find it terrible at all. Crowds, yes, but not obnoxious. We planned carefully with fast passes and meal reservations and had a lovely time. We spent time at our resort to chill out as well. We would go at that time again but for changes to my school calendar and the historically high number of snow days we have to make up.

Edited: 3:57 pm, April 12, 2018
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
8,345 posts
84 reviews
86 helpful votes
10. Re: What Crowd Calendar do you use?

The way I look at crowd calendars is if everyone looked at them and a green day was good and went there, would that park not then become red and very crowded.

It is companies making money from guesswork.

Reply to: What Crowd Calendar do you use?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted