We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott's Resort/Timeshare Offer

Level Contributor
180 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Marriott's Resort/Timeshare Offer

I received an offer through AA Advantage for 5 days 4 nights at Marriott's Grand Vista or Horizons Resorts $199.00) for a famiy of 4. Of course you must agree to a 90 minute presentation. Has anyone done this? How far are the resorts from the Disney theme parks? Our party consist of myself (Mom), 13, 14, 9, 10 year olds. Is this really worth the savings?

We've planned to visit 1-2 parks and book a 3-day cruise to the Bahamas.

Any thoughs?

Thanks.

Palm Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
634 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott's Resort/Timeshare Offer

Both of those resorts are beautiful.Horizons is dedicated strictly to families and Grand Vista,while also great for kids,is a bit more up-scale.$50 a night is a great price for either,depending on what size unit they promise and what time of year you are going.Horizons,I believe only has 2 bedroom units,but G.V. has from studios on up.The presentation is what you make of it.Some places' sellers are more aggressive than other.The trick is to tell them up front if your not interested and that you plan to leave after exactly 90min.,and then do so.Both places have good locations,closer to SeaWorld than Disney,which is an easy drive,again depending on the time of year and traffic.

Level Contributor
180 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott's Resort/Timeshare Offer

Thanks a lot pixiedust. I was kind of concerned; no one had replied. We'd like to visit during the month of August, 2005. This will be our first visit to WDW. I still have questions. I've ordered an information DVD. How does it work with the park passess, food, etc.

Thanks in advance for anymore info.

Palm Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
634 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott's Resort/Timeshare Offer

All of your other expences will be seperate from the Marriott offer.If you are only planning 1 or 2 days in the parks,you can buy your tickets when you are down there and decide what parks you plan to visit.Prices for Disney tickets vary literally pennies from place to place(If somebody knows otherwise,please post!),especially when dealing with one day passes.I am not familiar with the new ticketing system,but I think there is a one day hopper available,but keep in mind that you are going at a very busy/hot time and you will probably need at least a whole day to accomplish anything in any park.

If it is not too pesonal to ask,are you legally married and is your husband going?If you are,the time-share generally requires that both husband and wife attend to get the dicounted room.

Level Contributor
180 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott's Resort/Timeshare Offer

Pixiedust,

The only requirement is that you meet the annual income criteria. 3 of the kids are my nephews. Thought it would be a nice treat for them.

Pgh, Pa
Level Contributor
337 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriott's Resort/Timeshare Offer

We went to the Marriott last year for the timeshare offer. We were there for 3 hrs. Now, I'll be honest. I think we may have acted alittle too interested. If we ever do a timeshare again, I will be honest up front and tell them we are not interested, for personal reasons we cannot consider buying, but we will tour take some info. and let friends and family know how great the property is. We brought are 4 kids and they were not enjoying the experience. The resort is nice though. I don't know if it's worth it or not. I guess it just depends on each persons situation. We have a family of 6 and cannot afford a place like the Marriott for 200 a night. So even though it was tourture we decided to sit through the timeshare presentation. We recieved the same offer as you did. I think that I would sit through a timeshare pres. again. However, I would tell them at the start, that I need to be out of there in 90 min.

Level Contributor
180 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marriott's Resort/Timeshare Offer

I'm still researching all options at this time.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Mount Laurel
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Marriott's Resort/Timeshare Offer

Where did you get the offer? Horizons only has 2 BR units and they are all beautiful. They usually go for $150-200 per night. I have stayed there a few times with my kids (9) and (7) and they love it!

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marriott's Resort/Timeshare Offer

I'd like to add a comment. First I'll say we own an interest in Disney's vacation club. We bought after accepting an invitation to Vistana's timeshare and sitting thru their presentation (hard sell) which turned us off. The next day we walked into Disney uninvited and bought mainly because of the flexibility. I'm not meaning to promote Disney but I think Marriotts system is similar and it's an easier sell and because of the name involved (IMO) they are not as hard sell.

Sorry, here's the real comment I wanted to add. We love the Wiakaloa Hilton on the big island of Hawaii. I received an invitation (time share) to go there and quite frankly we were interested. When we arrived however we were informed we would NOT be staying at that property (ironically down the street at the Marriott). Apparently (and they showed it to me in the fine print of the invitation) that they only reserve so much room every week for these invitations, and if you go on a busy week you will be the first bumped out of property. In Hilton's case the timeshare people are a different division than the hotel management. So they wouldn't budge.

In our case I appealled to the hotel manager who really had nothing to do with it and she actually provided a room (we were lucky).

Read the fine print!

USA
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Marriott's Resort/Timeshare Offer

Do It, and Buy TimeShare!!! JK, JK that is a personal decision. I own Marriott TimeShare, and currently love IT!! You will be amazed if you do this!!!!!!!