We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Disney Marketplace without a car

Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Disney Marketplace without a car

I love Disney Marketplace, hate Disney Springs. Have been visiting for many years, and now that I am physically disabled visiting has become a nightmare. Can never park in 'lime' parking nearest to Marketplace, and all other parking is much too far away. It appears my only options are valet parking, or getting to Marketplace by Disney transportation.

Does anyone know where I could use my Florida disabled parking permit to park close to Disney transportation that goes to Marketplace?

Also it appears that wheelchairs/scooters can only be hired at one place in the whole of Disney Springs, and that is as far away from marketplace as it gets!, right at the other end, to which they also have to be returned!!

I have queried this all with Disney, usual polite 'oh dear', but nothing constructive offered by way of a solution.

4 replies to this topic
US
Level Contributor
5,436 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Disney Marketplace without a car

Could you use a taxi, Uber or Lyft and get dropped off?

Flintshire N Wales
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Disney Marketplace without a car

Does the parking garage not have wheelchairs for customers use? Last time we were there I was sure I saw some for customers usage ..anyone know if that s right, as you could use one to get to where they rent scooters, and back again.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
5,471 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Disney Marketplace without a car

It isn't really cost effective to rent at Disney Springs. Most people only spend a few hours there and they require a $100 deposit (it is refundable) and the actual rental is $50.

Are you going to the parks? If you are it would probably be cheaper to do an offsite rental for your entire stay.

4. Re: Getting to Disney Marketplace without a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:03 am, January 24, 2018

Reply to: Getting to Disney Marketplace without a car
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted