We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal Studios and One Day Cruise

8 posts
Save Topic
Universal Studios and One Day Cruise

Dear All,

Please help me figure out best plan (both financially and schedule wise) to visit Universal Studios and have One Day Cruise during my 3 day stay in Orlando Florida. I really appreciate your advice .I am in St.Louis, Missouri.

Thanks in Advance,

SB

14 replies to this topic
US
Level Contributor
5,436 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal Studios and One Day Cruise

A 1 day cruise where?

pa
Level Contributor
55,119 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal Studios and One Day Cruise

Welcome to the forum

3 days isn't much time, a one day cruise seems odd, to me, where is to and where is it leaving from ? And when do you hope to take this adventure ?

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
9,584 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Universal Studios and One Day Cruise

I suggest going to a travel agent. That is a broad request. None of us can plan your vacation for you, but merely offer suggestions when an appropriate amount of information is provided or pointed questions are asked.

San Luis Potosi...
Level Contributor
907 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Universal Studios and One Day Cruise

Very interested in the one day cruise as well.

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,401 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Universal Studios and One Day Cruise

The only one day cruises I've ever heard of were gambling cruises. I can't imagine there's much to do on them other than loose money on the games. And, I doubt the ship is very nice.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,507 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Universal Studios and One Day Cruise

There are no one day cruises out of Port Canaveral except the gambling cruise boat which only goes 3 miles offshore. The only one day cruise out of Florida is in either Palm Beach or Ft. Lauderdale. They don’t have a good rep and keep moving locations. They go to the Bahamas for a few hours.

Someone will have suggestions on a hotel near Universal but you need to let us know approximate budget per night and if you plan to rent a car. There is public transport in Orlando but it’s not so great in the rest of Florida. Click on the Things to Do tab at the top of the page. Only you know what your interests are and what you can afford to do.

8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Universal Studios and One Day Cruise

Thank you all. I understood my questions are confusing :).

Re-phrasing: I have three days to spend at Universal studios.

Will skip the cruise for now.

Do we need a car , or does any hotels offer ride to the parks and to and from Airport ? . Looking for a nice hotel.

Our main focus is Harry Potter and would like to cover Sea World. Can we do three parks and Sea World in three days ?

Between park to park ticket and three park ticket, which in is better ?

Orlando
Level Contributor
11,610 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Universal Studios and One Day Cruise

Disney has the Magical Express. The airport hotels have shuttles from the airport, but not to the parks.

I do not know of anywhere that will give you free shuttles to both the airport and Universal.

You can stay onsite at Universal and get a cab to the airport..

If you stay on I-Drive, you might get a shuttle from a hotel to Universal/and or Sea World.

You can also check out the Lynx website www.golynx.com for the bus route to Sea World.

Orlando
Level Contributor
11,610 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Universal Studios and One Day Cruise

By the way, a three day cruise would likely be much cheaper than the theme parks.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
315 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Universal Studios and One Day Cruise

Yes, you can do Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure and Sea World in 3 days. 2 days for US/IOA and 1 day for Sea World. If you are looking for a nice hotel, I would stay at one of the Universal Hotels that offer Express Pass (Royal Pacific, Hard Rock or Portofino).

Reply to: Universal Studios and One Day Cruise
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted